[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Tybalt_the_peach

Jul 29, 2019
The key is not to depend on saplings for water..... I for instance use the water given by quests for the first two days, during this time I reserve my saplings and flesh for making dirt. As I'm running out of quest water I generally have enough stones for a slab furnace. Occasionally I have to sieve a unit or two of dirt, but not much. This allows me to quickly acquire shears and start using leaf blocks.
i dont know why this hasn't worked for me but this has been my goal to get to using the leaf blocks because they also give .1 of a bucket as well

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
i may be doing something wrong but after completing the beggining quests the water doesnt last very long, it lasts about till i get tinkers tools
Sounds to me you are just going too slow or you're not completing enough of the quests that reward you with more water.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know why this hasn't worked for me but this has been my goal to get to using the leaf blocks because they also give .1 of a bucket as well
Leaf blocks give you an eigth of a bucket if you compost and follow the dirty water route. I for instance don't tend to use the transposers for anything save the QDS quest until I need placeable water for my first farm. I can't recall the last time I used the transposers for drinking water in the early game.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Do you ever see Les Stroud drinking 409098 gallons of water in a day? This pack would be nice if it weren't for that ridiculous feature.
Lol, yes I've done the math as well, mr. shroud does not drink 4 cubic meters of water in a year. That said he doesn't live indefinitely without water as our toons generally do. I'm sorry, but loosing those two super easy early food items, and the later game feast are not a big hardship.

It'd also be pretty damn silly if the game allowed us to survive for 264 days on a single block of water......

And I'm not sure where you got your numbers, but the game is calibrated so that it'd be more like 1056 gallons a day based on 4 cubic meters of water needed to fill a camel pack.

Last edited:

Mattyzz

Jul 29, 2019
Water becomes quite easy after awhile. especially once you set up a SFM to auto refill your pack.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Well, an enderman teleported in front of me while I was making a lovely overhang. Then he teleported inside my ship and spawn camped the Sync station. I guess I'll start over. :<

Next time, 2-high ceiling inside the ship, definitely.

Tybalt_the_peach

Jul 29, 2019
thanks guys i tried ur suggestions and actually have made it furhter... i have great water supplies... but uhh how do i eat?[DOUBLEPOST=1407277888][/DOUBLEPOST]
Water becomes quite easy after awhile. especially once you set up a SFM to auto refill your pack.
what is that i need a auto re-fill thingy please explain further

Mattyzz

Jul 29, 2019
thanks guys i tried ur suggestions and actually have made it furhter... i have great water supplies... but uhh how do i eat?[DOUBLEPOST=1407277888][/DOUBLEPOST]
what is that i need a auto re-fill thingy please explain further
Well it depends how much of Steves Factory Manager to you know?

brandon1op2

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get for example soybeans or tomatoes or berries w/o useing reward bags and alos the other group of seeds that dont drop from mobs and that u dont have access to the dyes of

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
i have great water supplies... but uhh how do i eat?

likely the best early game food source is silkworms. As soon as possible I set up a "grove" of 4 trees close enough so that their leaves touch, infect and harvest them frequently until I have better, or the grace period has ended. By placing them in such fashion I do not have to use a worm to infect each new tree, I just have to ensure that at least one tree remains until the new tree(s) have been infected.[DOUBLEPOST=1407278877][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do you get for example soybeans or tomatoes or berries w/o useing reward bags and alos the other group of seeds that dont drop from mobs and that u dont have access to the dyes of
sieving dirt, to a lesser extent sand, nets you what you need in a good "survival" set of basics. You'll get the remainder by growing grass and collecting seeds by hoeing it.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Until Spice of life kicks in, all I eat is Zombie Jerky (Rotten Flesh + 2 salts). Then when SoL kicks in, I've gotten to the point where I can eat zombie jerky, rice, rice cakes, apples, apple juice, spider eye soup, rice soup, stock, and fruit salad. Then I just rotate around those foods until I get more food. One of the quest rewards can give you a grape seed, which is good for grapes, grape juice, fruit salad, and grape salad.

brandon1op2

Jul 29, 2019
Also i was wondering if it was possible to add a quest that explains how to make netherack me and my friend were very far into crash landing before we needed more red plastic and neither of us had any idea of how to get netherack w/o the nether or sludge boiler(which we didnt have yet) so i googled"how to get netherack in crashlanding" and it brought me here telling me to get lava in a barrel and use redstone on it which either of us had no idea was a thing. i could see many others not knowing how todo it also.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys i have episode 6 up. I fixed the sieve to where it auto collect but if you have a better way in mind plz feel free to post it. this is the best i could come up with from a suggestion from the comment in a past video. For some reason it keeps wanting to shoot 30 blocks out when you place a block near/ on top of it. Enjoy.

Magzie's Dust World! E:6

Made a Starter Guide 1.1.1 a few days ago, never showed it here since 1.1.2 is gonna be awesome. @32:33 is where I start making the auto sifter.

Some adjustments afterwards, adding the auto packager to make life somewhat easier.

nb6mt6f.png

yXwAmq9.png

2aZz2GH.png

Reactions: cannajan

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
Light up the area around you (maybe 200x200 blocks if you can) then make a mob trap like you would in Skyblock (AgSkies) but instead of water use witch water.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok. 1.1.2 is entering beta very shortly. Not all the buildings are in place, but enough are in that I can start testing the mechanics and the generation and weed out the bugs, so as buildings get done I can just drop them in nearly seamlessly. 1.1.2 should be out by Friday.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Is that going to be the recommended version? Cuz if so I'll start using the numbers for the older version as I haven't finished it yet. BTW, what version is the current recommended? :D