Steam Dynamo and automation?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I got the coal to automatically go into the dynamo just fine.

However I can't figure out which machine that can take from infinite pool of a water into the dynamo. More specifically, a tank, then the dynamo.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Well, I got the coal to automatically go into the dynamo just fine.

However I can't figure out which machine that can take from infinite pool of a water into the dynamo. More specifically, a tank, then the dynamo.

Get an aqueous accumulator, stick it in a pool of water and MARVEL.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Oh? I thought it didn't do that, I just thought it just made water normally. Lol. Thanks
It does but very slowly. If you put two water source blocks around it then it operates much faster.

Also, depending on the mods you are using you might want to look at transfer nodes or the water pump pipe. The transfer nodes can push a lot of water around from an infinite source. The water pump pipe is nice for compact builds because it only requires a single water source block directly below the pipe.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Oh? I thought it didn't do that, I just thought it just made water normally. Lol. Thanks

It produces an amount of water proportional to the number of faces it has touching water source blocks, but it doesn't suck up the source blocks like a pump would.

For small or medium applications (like a sensible number of steam dynamos) they're perfect. For ginormous water drains you'll want to go for upgraded liquid transfer nodes from Extra Utilities, which do basically the same thing but faster.

Fluiducts to transport the water are cheaper to make, especially early game, so you can hold off on making the transfer nodes until later

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It produces an amount of water proportional to the number of faces it has touching water source blocks, but it doesn't suck up the source blocks like a pump would.
Vertical faces facing water and up to a maximum of 2!

Upper and lower face touching water will not affect the water produced, neither will more than 2 faces touching water.