Thaumcraft - which golems which cores

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there were some novel opinions on which golem cores are best paired with which golems.

The harvest core seems well paired with a straw golem. The fishing golem, also does not need to carry things, so straw would do.

A use golem doesn't need to carry a lot when used to replant saplings - so a wooden or tallow golem.

For every other core, it looks like thaumium would be best bet most of the time.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
that mostly sums up everything.
the flesh golem might be good for well of suffering ritual or blood generation in smeltery(for whatever reason you wanna do it), but it doesn't need a core.

the only thing i dont get is the alchemy core. does strength/carry limit have any impact on ho much essentia a golem can carry? decanting core has clear explanation on this. if essentia amount is the same for every golem then straw would be the best for this because of highest speed, if not i'd vote for flesh golem.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Do flesh golems regen faster than the well of suffering deals damage then? If so, that's useful to know

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Do flesh golems regen faster than the well of suffering deals damage then? If so, that's useful to know
from what i've read they don't. it requires them to wear accessories and/or regen ritual(forgot it's name) to survive.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
None. Essentia is not a fluid.
since it's transported via tubes it counts as one. but that's not the point. i think he meant how much essentia a golem can carry with alchemy core per amount of fluid same golem can carry with decanting core.
in other words how much straw golem can carry essentia in one go if he can carry 100mb of fluid with decanting core.

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
An alchemy golem can carry an amount of essentia equal to its strength. A flesh golem with the earth upgrade can carry 8 essentia at once, for example. A golem may only carry one kind of essentia at a time, though.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
An alchemy golem can carry an amount of essentia equal to its strength. A flesh golem with the earth upgrade can carry 8 essentia at once, for example. A golem may only carry one kind of essentia at a time, though.
so in the end 1 essentia equals 100mb.