Building Query - FTB Monster

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is there a way to place covers faster with a sort of machine?

2. What blocks go well with fantasy blocks, marble cobblestone and light blue stained clay?

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
The Builder's Wand? I know it's not a machine but it reallys speeds up block placing.

2. What blocks go well with fantasy blocks, marble cobblestone and light blue stained clay?

The Builder's Wand doesn't work with covers from Microblocks and GeoStrata has no nice looking blocks other than the Marble Cobblestone which is what I'm using as my floor.

And you're on the 'Wiki Team'...

Reactions: RedBoss

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

1. There is no way to place microblocks by other than hand that I know of, due to the fact that microblocks require extra information on where inside the block they are supposed to be placed. And this is only imparted through the special "ghost" layout placing that the player does.

2. Mentioned this a fair bit of times here on the forum, but a good idea is to build a large room and fill it with samples of the different kinds of building materials available. That way you can go shopping for exactly what you need, and easily compare shades of the same colour etc.

Example of my room for that:
U3CjP0I.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm using that but half of the blocks in that photo haven't been retextured.
Ehm, you must be using an old version somehow.

Go here and download the 1.6 monster pack. That is the one I am using(more or less, adding a few armour textures etc to it).
http://soartex.net/downloads/modpacks/ftb/

Some of the chisel blocks closest to the "camera" are recent additions though(within the last month).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That's the same version as the one I am currently using.
You cannot judge by the version number, as that refers to the version of Monster. There is no version number showing the progress of the Soartex monster pack as such. All you can do is try and download the latest at regular intervals to make sure it is up to date.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
You cannot judge by the version number, as that refers to the version of Monster. There is no version number showing the progress of the Soartex monster pack as such. All you can do is try and download the latest at regular intervals to make sure it is up to date.
I re-download Soartex Fanver every couple of days. Shouldn't that update it?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I re-download Soartex Fanver every couple of days. Shouldn't that update it?
Yeah. Dunno why it wouldn't work for you. Can only tell you that I am not doing anything special. There are still many blocks that are not updated yet(on the picture I posted too), but they are working their way through many of them. It is common to see new chisel blocks being converted every time I update the pack etc.

The purpose of the room was partly to keep track of the progress so I can see which blocks are updated and which are not.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Dunno why it wouldn't work for you. Can only tell you that I am not doing anything special. There are still many blocks that are not updated yet(on the picture I posted too), but they are working their way through many of them. It is common to see new chisel blocks being converted every time I update the pack etc.

The purpose of the room was partly to keep track of the progress so I can see which blocks are updated and which are not.
I've started construction of one of those rooms, 2 of every block!