The Pendants in Geostrata

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that even the official wiki is poorly documented on the matter, so I have to ask:

Pendants. Which do work and which don't? I thought I'd recieve a constant slow stream of XP from wearing a purple one but that hasn't happened. The blue one seems to give nightvision just fine.

I also have a few tips to give, although they should be common-sense-able:
- Careful with buffing pendants: unless you can one shot a creature with a Strength pendant, do not use it. So it's a no-no for boss fights. Resistance can be annoying to use too.
- For buffs that don't really need levels, just make the normal ones. Saturation or Nightvision don't need to be enhanced to work just as a potion would. I'm sure a few other would too.
- Remember to take off all pendants before going to the Nether. They'll have mostly negative effects on you if you don't.
- Night vision pendant. Careful with that thing, you'll soon forget that the night is dark even if you can see perfectly.

Last edited:

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Exp and regen don't work. I think the ones that have negative effect on the mobs (like poison) don't seem to work

Saturation, night vision, clear effect, strengh, resistance, water breathing all do work

And with power armor or those kinds of absorb all damage, strengh is actually fairly cool! Bedrock sword can do up too 80 damage with it on the wither, while the tinker's probably do in the hundreds

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Exp and regen don't work. I think the ones that have negative effect on the mobs (like poison) don't seem to work

Saturation, night vision, clear effect, strengh, resistance, water breathing all do work

And with power armor or those kinds of absorb all damage, strengh is actually fairly cool! Bedrock sword can do up too 80 damage with it on the wither, while the tinker's probably do in the hundreds
Gotta test Full DIamond Tinker's Armor, Full Quartz Manny Sword with paper, thaumium and all the modification adders. It'll be glorious.

Reactions: E_DM_B

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Fixed in v25.
Is that how that one works? Odd, I was mob farming for a while, suspecting that's how, but I didn't notice any difference.

Not to worry, I filled 2000 buckets full of liquid EXP just by silk touching four purple crystals and afking near them on top of an XP drain. For one hour.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
*RavynousHunter just now remembers he has the materials to make the effect crystals.*

Holy shit! I completely forgot about these things! Awwwww yeah, its time to screw around with some things...