Zelda Wii U

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
The water temple from OOT was fiendish. Did you use a walkthrough?
I can only imagine what the MQ water temple will be like...

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
The water temple from OOT was fiendish. Did you use a walkthrough?
I can only imagine what the MQ water temple will be like...

Nope, no walkthrough, I did get a bit stuck at one point, but a quick recap of where I've been and where I haven't was all I needed to beat it.

If anything, I liked the design in the 3DS version bc it made you think in order to beat it. But yeah, the N64 version was a pain.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So, if SS is the cannonical start of the LoZ "time tree", then what I want to see if the rise to power of Gannon/Ganon. And, if possible, a confirmation that Gannon is immortal due to the Triforce of Power, and even if Hyrule is destroyed, he isn't, as implyed by WW. I want some finality to this story, and I don't just mean I want the timeline to continue past WW(which it did and I didn't care, also, was Gannon he big bad then as well?), I mean it must have a clear begining as well. Every story ends, but it must also Begin. No Ending means nothing if we don't know or understand how it began.

We must now how and why Link and Zelda Reincarnate time and time again, and we must who Why Gannon never dies either. In short, we must know why they have a gift, and no, the Triforce doesn't really explain it. In WW, neither Link or Zelda have it at first, remember?(because I can't remember if they did)
But Gannon did.

Also, a thing bugging me in TP is the fact that Zelda gave Midna the Triforce of Wisdom, then Midna leaves in the end. Unless Midna gave it back during the game, she MUST be present during that timeline after TP but before Link dies again, assuming Gannon comes back before then.
It time and time again seems that it takes two pieces of the Triforce to beat the other. Link can never win if Zelda is taken, and he always must save her if Hyrule has a chance if she is taken.
How many times has Gannon offered Link a place at his side?

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
In short, we must know why they have a gift, and no, the Triforce doesn't really explain it. In WW, neither Link or Zelda have it at first, remember?(because I can't remember if they did)

Zelda is the Goddess Hylia incarnate and Link is the Goddess' Chosen Hero. The only precursor that would be logical would be a game that takes place during the war between Hylia and Demise, but then "Zelda" would actually be Hylia and "Link" wouldn't even have the Chosen Hero's Courage. But nonetheless, it sounds like an interesting game and I am all for breaking boundaries and exploring new ideas. I'm just not sure Ninty would be all too keen to having a Zelda game without Zelda.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Zelda is the Goddess Hylia incarnate and Link is the Goddess' Chosen Hero. The only precursor that would be logical would be a game that takes place during the war between Hylia and Demise, but then "Zelda" would actually be Hylia and "Link" wouldn't even have the Chosen Hero's Courage. But nonetheless, it sounds like an interesting game and I am all for breaking boundaries and exploring new ideas. I'm just not sure Ninty would be all too keen to having a Zelda game without Zelda.
That explanation seems weak, since Link has the Triforce of Courage from birth, and meets her after childhood.
Also, come to think of it...
Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past pretty much summed it up IIRC. Or was that OoT? Basically, one with an impure heart can not touch the Triforce, and thus can never gain the power of the Golden Land. Ganon touched it, it broke. Link got Courage(duh, main character), and Zelda got Wisdom(pretty much retcon'd in with link getting courage, and Gannon getting Strength).
Kinda makes sense like that.
And again, need two to beat one, and can only open it with all three.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
So, if SS is the cannonical start of the LoZ "time tree", then what I want to see if the rise to power of Gannon/Ganon. And, if possible, a confirmation that Gannon is immortal due to the Triforce of Power, and even if Hyrule is destroyed, he isn't, as implyed by WW. I want some finality to this story, and I don't just mean I want the timeline to continue past WW(which it did and I didn't care, also, was Gannon he big bad then as well?), I mean it must have a clear begining as well. Every story ends, but it must also Begin. No Ending means nothing if we don't know or understand how it began.

We must now how and why Link and Zelda Reincarnate time and time again, and we must who Why Gannon never dies either. In short, we must know why they have a gift, and no, the Triforce doesn't really explain it. In WW, neither Link or Zelda have it at first, remember?(because I can't remember if they did)
But Gannon did.

Also, a thing bugging me in TP is the fact that Zelda gave Midna the Triforce of Wisdom, then Midna leaves in the end. Unless Midna gave it back during the game, she MUST be present during that timeline after TP but before Link dies again, assuming Gannon comes back before then.
It time and time again seems that it takes two pieces of the Triforce to beat the other. Link can never win if Zelda is taken, and he always must save her if Hyrule has a chance if she is taken.
How many times has Gannon offered Link a place at his side?
Technically no, In SS, link just beat him on his own, and then they sealed him using the wisdom triforce. In WW Link just straight up stabs Ganon in the face and he "dies". The only help he had was zelda and the light arrows, but the light arrows belonged to him before zelda.

And they don't really reincarnate. The goddesses choose them. I assume the Wisdom goddess just chooses every girl that is born under the royal family lineage. And even if they did reincarnate, the triforce would in fact explain it, since its an all powerful device created by the immortal gods.

And its been shown in some games (Like WW) that he in fact earned the triforce of courage.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
That explanation seems weak, since Link has the Triforce of Courage from birth, and meets her after childhood.

Link did not have the Triforce of Courage since birth during SS. He had to obtain it like the other two Triforce pieces. What I was saying is that the Hero's Courage is the reincarnation trait chosen for each Link incarnate.

@SkeletonPunk Actually, they do in a way. Demise's curse is that that the most prominate traits of the 3 would reincarnate for ever more to do battle. Link's trait was the Hero's Courage, Zelda's was the Goddess Hylia's Bloodline and Wisdom, and Demise's Trait was his hatred and lust for power. The Goddess Nayru had nothing to do with the event.

Source: Years of playing Zelda over and over

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Link did not have the Triforce of Courage since birth during SS. He had to obtain it like the other two Triforce pieces. What I was saying is that the Hero's Courage is the reincarnation trait chosen for each Link incarnate.

@SkeletonPunk Actually, they do in a way. Demise's curse is that that the most prominate traits of the 3 would reincarnate for ever more to do battle. Link's trait was the Hero's Courage, Zelda's was the Goddess Hylia's Bloodline and Wisdom, and Demise's Trait was his hatred and lust for power. The Goddess Nayru had nothing to do with the event.

Source: Years of playing Zelda over and over
wasn't talking about gannon, HE reincarnates, zelda and link dont IMO, WW is a good example of this because he wasn't technically born with it, he earned it. He would have NEVER done any of that if his sister hadn't been kidnapped in the first place.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
wasn't talking about gannon, HE reincarnates, zelda and link dont IMO, WW is a good example of this because he wasn't technically born with it, he earned it. He would have NEVER done any of that if his sister hadn't been kidnapped in the first place.

Well, Ganon wasn't born with the Triforce either, and Link had to be courageous to do all he did in WW.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
And is why he's still a reincarnation of the Hero of the Skyward Sword: He had the hero's courage.
he didn't nessicarily have the hero's direct courage, he just had courage. IIRC the first or second time you enter the portal to hyrule underwater your hand glows and the king of red lions says something a long the lines of "you have proven you are worthy of this power" or something like that

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
he didn't nessicarily have the hero's direct courage, he just had courage. IIRC the first or second time you enter the portal to hyrule underwater your hand glows and the king of red lions says something a long the lines of "you have proven you are worthy of this power" or something like that

It's Nintendo. Plot Holes can and WILL happen. But oh well, we just have 2 differing interpretations of Demise's Curse, nothing wrong with that though.