im a bit confused with mffs here...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
back in direwolf20's lets play (i think s6, e65 and 66), he sets up a way to spawn wither bosses with a force field projector. im trying to do the same exact thing....and nothing happens.

coercion driver hooked up to plenty of RF power...check
fortron capacitor receiving energy from driver..check
force field projector receiving power, check.

all of the above are on frequency 0

chest next to projector with soul sand in it (1 stack), check
custom mode module inserted, with a field defined and saved, to build the soulsand portion of the wither, check.

when i test the projector, without the field stabilization module, i do see the shape i want to fill

when i add the field stabilization module, and i turn projector on, nothing happens. nothing gets removed from the chest, nothing is being materialized...what gives?

sivina

Jul 29, 2019
Have you placed the Translation module right in the force field projector?
Do you check with the redstone block mode to see the soul sand / wither skull head can placed in the right place?

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
there is no redstone block button...this is the projector..not the manipulator.

read above:
when i test the projector, without the field stabilization module, i do see the shape i want to fill

wow. thats a nasty bug...i switched the frequency on the projector, and it crashed the game, also taking the map with it. i'm getting a chunk load error in the crash report. thats a bit harsh for a frequency switch...

to hell with it..i had it working with a turtle before. ill just hack away with the turtles then, at least those dont take the whole map with them when things go bump.

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
The procedure I did was to put in custom mode and translation modules, switch on to check it was in the right place. Then switch OFF, put in stabilisation module and then switch on.

Putting in any modules while it's running does nothing. Also add speed modules as it can be quite slow

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
it works...as long as you use the same exact block used to mark the custom field shape. without that, it does nothing...kinda counter productive to how the other mods work (they dont care what blocks are in the chest) but...its going. thanks for the help as always ;)