Natura Berry Farm's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I got the bushes setup. I got an MFR harvester with an emerald upgrade in front of them, but it doesn't seem to be farming them that quickly. Would there be a quicker way to go about this than MFR that someone can point out, because this isn't very quick at all compared to how fast they're regenerating.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
That is because you chose to upgrade the harvester with an emerald one. Now it needs to check each block in a 25x25 (625 blocks) field and that takes time. It can take a few minutes now to harvesters a bush.

Do you need that many space for your farm? It's faster if you downscale the farm to a more manageble size, say 9x9 (+3 upgrade). Especially when you have growth enhancers of some kind.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you're neck deep in TC 4.1 you could use golems. I admit, any research system is lame if you remake worlds like crazy, but it can be fun for a while.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
If you really want to be crazy with the Berry farms, connect each block to an autonomous activator. Then have a vacuum hopper or such collect the drops. That should run at full growth speed.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
If you really want to be crazy with the Berry farms, connect each block to an autonomous activator. Then have a vacuum hopper or such collect the drops. That should run at full growth speed.

I honestly thought about doing that, but each berry type is 7 bushes long, and 3 bushes tall (downed it from 5), that'd be 84 autonomous activators. That seemed like more work, least setting up. Guess you could say I was going for something that was more visually appealing.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, golems can harvest blocks up to two high. That third row can't be harvested unless you make some kind of elevated access on one side of the bushes. The MFR harvester is probably your best bet. User several of them around the perimeter to harvest the whole area quickly.