can I Update My Java?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently on a Mac, and on Mac last time I checked, which has been quite a while ago, FTB only worked on Java 6. I want to update to Java 7 for Mac because there is something that I want to do that requires Java 7, but I don't want to loose compatibility with FTB. It's been over a year since I had a problem running FTB on Java 7 because I downgraded to Java 6, but has that changed at all as to where I can now play FTB on Java 7 for Mac?

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's a difference between MAC and Windows in this particular matter.
But I would guess not, because Java is Java. Regardless on which OS it's running.

I'm running FTB 1.6.4 on Java 7 without any problems on my Windows machine.

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure to make a backup if something get's ruined somehow, it shouldn't happen, but you never know.
Then uninstall the jave you got, try with java 7, if it works hurray!
If it doesn't uninstall java 7, install java 6 and stick with that.
I guess you could try java 8 too if you feel like it, but i got no experience here

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
I installed Java 7 Update 60 and I was able to load up Monster. I think its fine with Java 7. Thanks for the help.

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
Better don't use Java 8 yet.
It's not officially supported by FTB and may mess things up, because many aspects have changed.
Java 7 is just fine at the moment. Regardless if developing or just playing.