any reason why the launcher requires internet to launch a pack now?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
i know you need a connection to validate your account...thats fine. but after that is done, it should work regardless if you have internet or not. past versions of the launcher would vomit a popup on you saying minecraft servers were down, and you could at least play offline. now that doesnt seem to be the case...dismiss the popup and nothing happens. not cool. many people are on wifi only, and should not be punished for not having an active connection should the interwebz not be available. please do not cripple the ability to play offline.

Reactions: st753m

Oxygene

Jul 29, 2019
I would agree with that. I moved recenlty and went from 154mb to a very temperamental 3mbit and it cuts out all the time. Last night I had to tether my pc to my phones net and try half a dozen times to get enough connection for a startup

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
I just recently peeked at my FTB launcher saved profile and saw this little dingus:
ECTeloW.png

Might be what you're looking for?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
i know you need a connection to validate your account...thats fine. but after that is done, it should work regardless if you have internet or not. past versions of the launcher would vomit a popup on you saying minecraft servers were down, and you could at least play offline. now that doesnt seem to be the case...dismiss the popup and nothing happens. not cool. many people are on wifi only, and should not be punished for not having an active connection should the interwebz not be available. please do not cripple the ability to play offline.
that is kind of my fault..... eheh...

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great way to piss a large chunk of your community... not all of us have a 10meg line in a first world country. I've got a 1Mb wireless link in the middle of Africa, needing a connection every time I wanna start mc would end up with one of you dead:)

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great way to piss a large chunk of your community... not all of us have a 10meg line in a first world country. I've got a 1Mb wireless link in the middle of Africa, needing a connection every time I wanna start mc would end up with one of you dead:)
like you know multi-mc is real right...
jk I know a lot of people use the official launcher for reasons

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
And you can rename your personal skin to steve.png and play offline and see your own skin.

Just replace the old file in MINECRAFT and you're good to go