Infinite Mob Essence?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hello my fellow beast feeders!

Tell me how to get infinite mob essence without the use of essence bushes.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If you're short on essence berries, you can always round up a bunch of vanilla spawners or cursed earth and plonk them down in a dark room surrounded by MFR grinders.

Not as efficient but the byproducts are nice ;)

Reactions: Shabazza and rhn

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
If you're short on essence berries, you can always round up a bunch of vanilla spawners or cursed earth and plonk them down in a dark room surrounded by MFR grinders.

I heard there was a way to use slimes, I don't know how. Do you?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I heard there was a way to use slimes, I don't know how. Do you?

I love how the reply button strips your comment of context automatically. In that vein, yes I know several SICKENING things one can do with slimes. I will however save you the mental pain of fully comprehending the horror and just say no, I have no idea how you can extract mob essence from slimes beyond the usual "putting them infront of a grinder".

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
I love how the reply button strips your comment of context automatically. In that vein, yes I know several SICKENING things one can do with slimes. I will however save you the mental pain of fully comprehending the horror and just say no, I have no idea how you can extract mob essence from slimes beyond the usual "putting them infront of a grinder".
Thank you for sharing with me your infinite wisdom.

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to use some other form of mob slaying apparatus that drops xp, a sewer converts xp orbs into mob essence.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: malicious_bloke

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you want to use some other form of mob slaying apparatus that drops xp, a sewer converts xp orbs into mob essence.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Yeah if you don't mind "exploiting" this, you can use something like turtles to kill mobs spawned from a MFR autospawner(not exact) and collect the xp with sewers for a profit in mob essence in addition to the items.

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019

i dont think the bushs are efficient... are they?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Hello my fellow beast feeders!

Tell me how to get infinite mob essence without the use of essence bushes.
-capture blizz in safari net
-put net into auto-spawner
-farm that mother (blizz is the only mob that you get more exp from than it takes to spawn itself so grind it and feed the essense back into the auto-spawner)
-????
-Profit!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
-capture blizz in safari net
-put net into auto-spawner
-farm that mother (blizz is the only mob that you get more exp from than it takes to spawn itself so grind it and feed the essense back into the auto-spawner)
-????
-Profit!
Think you might be using an outdated version of MFR or something as this does not work in version currently in Monster. Not unless you kill them by something else than Grinders and collect the xp with sewers, but that works for all mobs.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If your modpack includes the Extra Utilities mod...

1. Find a Division Sigil in a dungeon chest somewhere (hardest part).
2. Do the ritual thing with it, and collect the Cursed Earth blocks without dying (second-hardest part).
3. Build an enclosed dark area and put the Cursed Earth down as the floor.
4. Surround the enclosed area with MFR Grinders, attach fluiduct to Grinders and pipe Mob Essence to a Railcraft steel tank.

Enjoy!

P.S. My areas are 10x10 square, vertically stacked, with a Cursed Earth ceiling/floor every 4 levels, from bedrock to sea level. I have so much mob essence coming in there's no possible way I could ever use it all. It's "infinite", practically.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Think you might be using an outdated version of MFR or something as this does not work in version currently in Monster. Not unless you kill them by something else than Grinders and collect the xp with sewers, but that works for all mobs.
Dw20. If I'm right, mfr auto spawners by design do not produce mob essense 1 for 1 needed to spawn itself. Blizzes seem to have broken that rule.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft Spawner Controller setups and/or any setup with a essence free mob spawning system that one can control.

They are plants and plants can be really fast if one is smart.
To add on to that, if you take a bit of time and get the spawn delay down to 0 seconds. Just turn it on and afk for an hour or two before killing any of the mobs.
If you wait 2 hours while spawning mobs at the same time the mobs drop more mob essence.
Do it and you wont be trolled

But seriously i agree with YX33A rotarycraft spawner control is the best way to go

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
autonomous activator + scythe with looting 3 = lots of mob loot, lots of xp orbs. use vacuum hopper to suck in drops, feed the liquid output to a open blocks tank with xp shower heads on it, place sewers underneath to catch the orbs and convert to mob essence. youll probably need another vacuum hopper there by the sewers to collect stray orbs and void the extra liquid xp because sewers are SLOW to collect and empty. youll end up with 1000's of entities and youll be cussing up a storm wondering why youre looking at a powerpoint presentation instead of a game ;)