Strange Nether generation, thoughts?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
So I put together a small little mostly magic single player map that I play on LAN with my significant other and everything's been fine and dandy up until now. I built myself a nether portal, walked through, and was met with the strangest thing: approximately half of the landmass is made up of Dispensers. Yes, like the type that shoot arrows at you in Jungle Temples and such. Shortly after, the game dropped to less than 1 FPS (much, much less) and I have managed to set the game to Peaceful, vacate the Nether, and delete the world file for that dimension (DIM-1 if you're curious), which has restored my FPS back to normal. So the question that remains now is... what in blazes happened? Definitely a new one on me.

Here's the basics:
1.7.2 pack with Forge 1149
Applied Energistics 2, rv0-Stable7
BiblioCraft 1.7.1
Blood Magic v1.0.1g
Botania 1.1-74
Carpenter's Blocks 3.2.4
Chisel 1.5.4f
CodeChickenCore rc1
Enchiridion 1.1a
Ender I/O 2.0 beta 123
ForgeMultiPart 1.1.0.294
HopperDucts 1.3
Inventory Tweaks 1.57-116
Iron Chests 6.0.14.719
Jabba 1.1.3
Light Bridges and Doors v2.0
Mantle 0.2.8
Mariculture b12
Natura 2.2.0a3
NEI rc2
PneumatiCraft 1.2.1
Random Things 2.1
Tinkers' Construct 1.6.0.a14
Thaumcraft 4.1.1.14
Thaumic Pipes (whatever latest is, pretty new)
Tinkers' Mechworks 0.2.7
Totemic 0.4.1
VoxelMap 1.0
WAILA 1.5.2-1.7.2 rc2
Witchery 0.19.2
World Generation Manager 0.3.5

That's the list. So far it's largely a copy of Unstable, though a bit more updated and with a few additions to the list. Sadly, my original attempt at Unstable crashed hard enough to corrupt the world, hence my decision to just try modding things by hand. If anyone's seen weird world gen like that, let me know?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
LOL thanks. You can be the next most awesome person on the forums :p
*although I do do most of the liking there*
Do you live on the forums? I recently got that one. You may hand out a lot of likes, but when the forum game section doesn't count for likes anymore, plenty of "well-known" people will stumble down in ranks. I shall remain a Over Achiever because my likes and posts are pretty much all in two forum sections, General FTB Chat and Mod Discussion.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Do you live on the forums? I recently got that one. You may hand out a lot of likes, but when the forum game section doesn't count for likes anymore, plenty of "well-known" people will stumble down in ranks. I shall remain a Over Achiever because my likes and posts are pretty much all in two forum sections, General FTB Chat and Mod Discussion.
you don't lose the trophy's i think.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Yeah- f'rinstance a lot of people got the "Thinks Before Speaking" trophy before the requirements changed to need 2k posts. Even after they changes, they weren't taken away

*Hint: Let's not draw the moderator's attention to that*
ORLY?
i don't know which one to call....
uhhhhhh maybe?
@Flipz ?
*disappears into smoke before he gets killed*

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
ORLY?
i don't know which one to call....
uhhhhhh maybe?
Flipz?
*disappears into smoke before he gets killed*
Get a Global mod in the know if you want this done, like @Lawbroken for intance.
Yes, I just summoned Lawbroken.
HMal24g.jpg

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Really don't get why people put so much weight into these achievements and likes. If they were mostly given/gained as "badges" of appreciation for helping other people out, then I could see some value in having them. But as it is likes seems to be given around mostly for people who make off topic remarks(there are a few people around that are very good at dishing out likes for people posting facts and solutions to problems). And specially if people go into old threads to give each other likes? Completely useless for anything. I am not going to blindly trust anything anyone with a fancy trophy says over a normal member tbh.

Reactions: Narc and asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh gods what has my innocent request for assistance become?! The humanity...! /flee

I LOL'ed, both at this oddly interesting divert/derail, and at your bemused response to it all. It's just humanity being... humanity, I guess. :)

As for myself... I had no idea the "likes" meant anything at all, except as a reference for other forum readers who might rely on such "upvoting". I dole them out as I see fit, totally based on whether I liked a response or not. I'm fair, but not overly stingy or picky with my votes, and I do try to vote early and often. :)

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Really don't get why people put so much weight into these achievements and likes. If they were mostly given/gained as "badges" of appreciation for helping other people out, then I could see some value in having them. But as it is likes seems to be given around mostly for people who make off topic remarks(there are a few people around that are very good at dishing out likes for people posting facts and solutions to problems). And specially if people go into old threads to give each other likes? Completely useless for anything. I am not going to blindly trust anything anyone with a fancy trophy says over a normal member tbh.
Honestly I think you're reading too much into it. While I don't personally care about achievements or trophies either, I look at it this way: if these things encourage people to stick around, help others, and contribute to conversations, it's ultimately helping the community. While I may not participate in the system that promotes this, it's still a seemingly good way to keep an active community to at least some degree!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I am not going to blindly trust anything anyone with a fancy trophy says over a normal member tbh.

I think one quickly learns "who is who" around these parts, without any need for "likes". I know I certainly have and I'm just your everyday casual FTB'er who comes here looking for help and tips and stuff. I don't know anything about trophies, but I do know all your usernames - because it is always the same usernames who are first on the scene with the correct answer and the informative reply. You know who you are, I don't have to thank you all I'm sure. :)

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I think one quickly learns "who is who" around these parts, without any need for "likes". I know I certainly have and I'm just your everyday casual FTB'er who comes here looking for help and tips and stuff. I don't know anything about trophies, but I do know all your usernames - because it is always the same usernames who are first on the scene with the correct answer and the informative reply. You know who you are, I don't have to thank you all I'm sure. :)
and avatars. i really annoys me when people change their avatars. but thats just me, i haven't changed my skin since B1.8

Reactions: Padfoote and rhn

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
:D
/me thinks he knows who he is
and avatars. i really annoys me when people change their avatars. but thats just me, i haven't changed my skin since B1.8
I haven't changed mine since I got my Youtube channel. But I can always tell who @RealSketch is because dragons. He's the only dragon I like.*glares at the dragons in signatures*

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk