Something that bothers me about Pneumaticcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
It adds all sorts of uesful pneumatic doodads likes pneumatic doors, pneumatic helmet, pneumatic wrench, pneumatic cylinder, generator, engine...

But where's the Pneumatic RAFT? I could use a better way of travelling through water, vanilla boats are bad.

Reactions: Narc

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
That's a really good point, and it's a bigger problem than just PneumaticCraft. Water is such a huge part of a minecraft world, but really only Mariculture has anything to do with it. And, incidentally, Mariculture has a nice speedboat you can use.

Reactions: YX33A

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah since the mod is called Pneumaticraft, it's a bit of false advertising if there isn't a Pneumatic raft in there somewhere...
I wouldn't have gotten this joke if you hadn't basically held my hand and walked me through it there.

Thanks.

Joking aside: lack of raft, and lack of ability to create high-pressure without lightning (seriously)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't have gotten this joke if you hadn't basically held my hand and walked me through it there.

Thanks.

Joking aside: lack of raft, and lack of ability to create high-pressure without lightning (seriously)
...wat.
Aside from, dunno, just making more pressure generation systems in one area, or running them longer without venting them? Because that's how I make high pressure. And so does physics, IIRC.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
...wat.
Aside from, dunno, just making more pressure generation systems in one area,
The generation systems themselves have a 5bar max iirc, and since the whole system tries to maintain equilibrium, the generators explode if you try to get any part of the system over that.

or running them longer without venting them? Because that's how I make high pressure. And so does physics, IIRC.
Physics also explodes your fridge if you pump beer in long enough. Or so I hear.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The generation systems themselves have a 5bar max iirc, and since the whole system tries to maintain equilibrium, the generators explode if you try to get any part of the system over that.

Physics also explodes your fridge if you pump beer in long enough. Or so I hear.
Both true things.
Which is why one doesn't run them in the same side of the network you need high pressure. One can make a valve system that outputs high pressure to one side and keeps low pressure on the other.
Give me some time and I'll have a basic example. Using RF because the ability to turn my system on or off without wasting fuel is crunk, yo dawg.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Both true things.
Which is why one doesn't run them in the same side of the network you need high pressure. One can make a valve system that outputs high pressure to one side and keeps low pressure on the other.
Give me some time and I'll have a basic example. Using RF because the ability to turn my system on or off without wasting fuel is crunk, yo dawg.
What's the max barrage of the RF converter? Cheating if its >5. I already know the advanced pipes can handle more than that :)

edit: barrage? heh. Pressure.

Reactions: Narc

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
For me it's the plants. Ingenious growth concept, but for me they just don't fit with the mod. Handily you can disable worldgen, so instead I've given the seeds crafting recipes using existing materials, which makes much more sense to me.

Reactions: Pyure and Narc

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
For me it's the plants. Ingenious growth concept, but for me they just don't fit with the mod. Handily you can disable worldgen, so instead I've given the seeds crafting recipes using existing materials, which makes much more sense to me.
Well, to be fair the "plants" look barely like actual plants and more like exhaust pipes growing from the ground.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, to be fair the "plants" look barely like actual plants and more like exhaust pipes growing from the ground.
I overlook the graphics, since I use 64x textures. Doing any sort of decent plant at 16x is not easy. I have enough trouble at 64x!
I think though that is what they are supposed to be like, a pod like plant that "explodes" releasing seeds and secondary effects.
Couldn't agree more.
Feels more magical to me, especially those ones that cause things to spawn.

I've set the recipes to be 1 dye (matching the plastic colour), 1 slimeball and 1 rubber bar from MFR. In effect, makes it slightly more difficult, but (apart from the rubber bar), makes use of "natural" resources that I'll have to find/make. So there's still an element of "farming" required.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've set the recipes to be 1 dye (matching the plastic colour), 1 slimeball and 1 rubber bar from MFR. In effect, makes it slightly more difficult, but (apart from the rubber bar), makes use of "natural" resources that I'll have to find/make. So there's still an element of "farming" required.

#I<3MineTweaker?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, the power of Minetweaker. Although I haven't yet tested if you can obtain seeds from bonemealing. Not a major issue if you can.
Yeah, you can. Plus, one can disable the weird seed effects outright and make them only result in more seeds when fully grown and you break them. I have my game set up that way.
What's the max barrage of the RF converter? Cheating if its >5. I already know the advanced pipes can handle more than that :)

edit: barrage? heh. Pressure.
I'd be using them because I do stuff in survival mode, not because they have more they support more then 5 atmospheres of pressure, which isn't cheating anyway.
And I'm always careful with my fuel.

It'll involve a few types of tubes. Check Em'!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
which isn't cheating anyway.
Just cheating in the sense of the test, which was to confirm whether the mod (natively) had a way of producing > 5bars w/o lightning.

I'm not really interested in getting around it via conversions, since I might not have those mods at all!

Hope that clarifies :)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Just cheating in the sense of the test, which was to confirm whether the mod (natively) had a way of producing > 5bars w/o lightning.

I'm not really interested in getting around it via conversions, since I might not have those mods at all!

Hope that clarifies :)
Ah. Well, it still can produce more then 5 bar without lightning, one just has to be clever with how one gets it. One has to use more then the basic tube.

Well, I mean, it can easily produce more then 5 bar without lightning, but to do so safely with basic systems requires one to separate the low pressure and high pressure systems while having them connected. Allow pressure from the low pressure side into the high pressure side, but not the other way without a toggle.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, I mean, it can easily produce more then 5 bar without lightning, but to do so safely with basic systems requires one to separate the low pressure and high pressure systems while having them connected. Allow pressure from the low pressure side into the high pressure side, but not the other way without a toggle.

I thought of that but didn't think there was a block that does it. Can you confirm and demonstrate if so?

I know there's a block that does the reverse: you can stop high pressure from getting into a low-pressure area. (not the release valve, something else)