Rotarycraft Extract Jet Fuel from engines

Sniper061

Jul 29, 2019
As the question asks, do any of you guys have good ways to remove jet fuel from your engines? I know that I can remove it by right clicking with a bucket but is there another way besides loading up on empty buckets?

So far, I have tried fluiducts, BC liquid pipes, and Ender IO pressurized pipes. I've tried attaching them to both the ECU and the engine separately with no luck. And yes, I know jet fuel is relatively easy to make but I don't like wasting any and like moving my microturbines around to different worksites.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
As the question asks, do any of you guys have good ways to remove jet fuel from your engines? I know that I can remove it by right clicking with a bucket but is there another way besides loading up on empty buckets?
I had no idea you could remove it with buckets, neat. I wonder if you could remove a lot of it with a fuel drum.

I'm half-surprised ender io didn't work; I've seen it remove liquids from adjacent blocks that I didn't even think were attached. Argh.

Tried transfer nodes?

I think you're most likely stuck. I try to be very careful about how much fuel I place in an engine when I'm in the early jetfuel phase and the stuff is valuable.

psp

Jul 29, 2019

So far, I have tried fluiducts, BC liquid pipes, and Ender IO pressurized pipes. I've tried attaching them to both the ECU and the engine separately with no luck. And yes, I know jet fuel is relatively easy to make but I don't like wasting any and like moving my microturbines around to different worksites.
As to when you move the microturbines around i recommend using a tesseract and a fluiduct and using a wrench to only turn it on when you need it.

Sniper061

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I guess that settles it then! Thank Reika!

While I have a minor bit of your attention, can I ask why you have it setup this way? Why allow removing fuel with a bucket but not some other method?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well, I guess that settles it then! Thank Reika!

While I have a minor bit of your attention, can I ask why you have it setup this way? Why allow removing fuel with a bucket but not some other method?
Because pipes only interact with the bottom, and it makes no sense for the side to function as both an input and an output, especially seeing as that will cause liquid to move back and forth.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I also believe you can pipe fuel into an ECB underneath the engine, but I've never tried to extract that way.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Worth noting that this isn't really specific to RoC.

I can't think of any other mods' engines offhand that allow you to pump liquid fuel out once its in. (Granted, It would be neat, and reasonably realistic)

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I think pumping out with a loss would be fine (ie: only whole buckets, you can't get everything). I understand its hard to accomplish.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Just from monitoring Reika's posts, I think V25 has...14 million changes in it? Maybe wait till that's released to pester him about it :)