will world edit or mcedit work on FTB

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
Basically all I want to do is copy one structure I have built and place it down 6 more times...will these programs work with FTB or is there something else that will let me do that

laton95

Jul 29, 2019
MCedit did work with tekkit and I assume it works with FTB, not sure about worldedit.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
From what I know mc edit deletes non vanilla blocks... you should use spc+worldedit but you will not be able to move metadata blocks like microblocks or pipes.

laton95

Jul 29, 2019
From what I know mc edit deletes non vanilla blocks... you should use spc+worldedit but you will not be able to move metadata blocks like microblocks or pipes.

Ive used MCEdit with mods before and it always seemed fine to me. It could even move pipes and such without much trouble.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Well MCEdit does not play very well with some of the mods. Moving Pipes isn't exactly hard since they are normal blocks, moving pipes with items inside them would be more tricky. Also I can only guess that it will have problems with RP2 and some of the Multiblocks. So some things might work but in general is it not a good solution and there is no similar tool for Forge (yet). I think MCedit has some basic support for mods, but I'm not sure if it can handle all the stuff yet.

But depending on how complex the stuff is you want to move it might work.

CeeMeeSomeday

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

SO yea, I got the same problem, and for some reason some chunks got corrupt by Golden Conductive Pipes..... So, we want to remove the pipes without crashing the server...
BUT, MCEdit makes the blocks Grass, and the Redwood trees Pistons, how can I fix this?! We don't want to lose everything!

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

SO yea, I got the same problem, and for some reason some chunks got corrupt by Golden Conductive Pipes..... So, we want to remove the pipes without crashing the server...
BUT, MCEdit makes the blocks Grass, and the Redwood trees Pistons, how can I fix this?! We don't want to lose everything!
Not much you can do...back up your server once a day. Or do what I did when that happend and take a mining laser and aim it at the pipe I had to do that

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

If you're really patient, you can use a program like nbt explorer to edit the chunk manually. It's definitely a pain in the backside, but an option if you have no other way to fix your world.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
MCEdit generally works with mods. It doesn't know what the block is so it won't render any textures for mod blocks, but it will still give the block id. If your getting corrupt blocks you're probably going to want reload the chunks from a backup.

WorldEdit works fine. You can't use it to replace blocks but you can certainly clear them.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
After trying to MCedit my test world, I can tell you that once you load up the world in MCedit and save it, it's gone. There may be some exceptions, but you shouldn't use MCedit on any of your modded worlds. Ever. It turned a bunch of things into logs and it turned my ultimate solar panels into beacons, which caused the game to crash when I tried to access them. I don't know much about WorldEdit, but if it's ingame, then it's fine.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Here comes my experience:
I messed around with MCEdit multiple times already, cutting out my base, regenerating unpopulated chunks for new modstuff and so on.
The development build (http://www.mcedit.net/changes/0.1.7build466.html) is the way to go. Every other version i tried deleted or replaced moditems. This one saves everything fine. Of course metadata like items in your pipes are gone, but it shouldnt be too hard to turn off your machines before messing around in MCEdit.
If you are having trouble with the copying and placing itself, look up some youtube tutorials where a 13 year old tells you the right way :p

SWChris

Jul 29, 2019
So the newest MCEdit dev build works fine, more or less? Did you try copying microblocks with it? That's what I'm most interested in figuring out.

I'm also trying to get some more information on other tools that map-makers use. World Edit is a bukkit plugin so I kind of doubt that works and there was another thread in here that claimed Voxel Sniper did not work as of a few months ago. But I heard from Slowpoke's interview on The Shaft this week that there were a group of people working on an FTB-based adventure map. Anyone know their usernames on here so I can ask them what tools they used and how they managed to create their landscaping?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I believe you are talking about the Feeding Eternal Time project? I'm actually a CC coder there, but Umbra is the main person behind it, as well as the coordinator of the aesthetic (fancy stuff building) team. i suggest you contact him, or go to the thread. Another option is to try out the new version off MCEdit yourself to see if it works, but the team is primarily using MCEdit.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
MCEdit works for sure on all "normal" Moditems. As far as I am concerned, Redpower 2 Microblocks count as entities (or tile entities, something along these lines) and MCEdit is able to copy those aswell. A short test could show, its not too hard.

SWChris

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you are talking about the Feeding Eternal Time project?
That's probably it! I never did get the name of the project. I'm definitely going to be playing around with MCEdit, but was curious if there were an in-world editor as well a la VoxelSniper. I'll definitely be PMing Umbra. Thanks!

MCEdit works for sure on all "normal" Moditems. As far as I am concerned, Redpower 2 Microblocks count as entities (or tile entities, something along these lines) and MCEdit is able to copy those aswell. A short test could show, its not too hard.
Lovely. Just need to test to confirm, thanks for your help.

Jstuie

Jul 29, 2019
Just a word of warning if you are using worldedit with mods. If you try to clear, place or replace any warded stone or glass blocks, it will crash your server and mess it up.

JST

Jul 29, 2019
Just a word of warning if you are using worldedit with mods. If you try to clear, place or replace any warded stone or glass blocks, it will crash your server and mess it up.
ya, and trying to copy biomes when you copy-paste a piece of ground on a FTB map seems to mess up the biomes, it can also cause crashes