Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechman007

Jul 29, 2019
Found a Duplication bug in 2.1.7 , nothing big, but helpful hopefully!

Hammering Mariculture Limestone duplicates it by the couple, might be worth fixing :)

Also, ive noticed Rultile ore no longer comes from sifiting anything? It also seems yellorite bars don't come from sifting anything also (Update was suppose to add them to be gained by sifting sand)

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
I uploaded the maps to the launcher under the maps tabs. The home sweet home one doesn't seem to be installing correctly right now but the SMP and flat maps are. Maps will no longer be shipped with updates. So your saves should be safe now... hopefully.

What do you mean by installing correctly? I'm able to open my Home Sweet Home world just fine
Exactly as JadedCat said

Last edited:

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Also, ive noticed Rultile ore no longer comes from sifiting anything? It also seems yellorite bars don't come from sifting anything also (Update was suppose to add them to be gained by sifting sand)

Rutile Ore should be a 1 in 64 chance in sand. Zero knows about the hammer dupe, and I believe has fixed in his dev, so that would be in his next update.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
How do I fix a
Ticking memory connection java.lang.NullPointerException. The crashes are getting annoying.

Here is a crash log.

I have already tried deleting and re-installing the Agrarian Skies HQ folder.

Edit: I don't know if this will change anything, but I just now updated java to the latest version and uninstalled the old version.

Edit2: Apperantly updating Java broke it. Now when I try to run MC from the launcher, it says a fatal error has occured, and it can't make a Java Virtual Machine. I have version 7 update 60.
I used to have version 7 update 51 or something.

Edit3: Okay, apparently when I updated, I downloaded a 32-bit java version, so I coudn't assign FTB more than 1.5 gigs of ram. I re-installed a 64-bit version, and I can now open and play FTB.

Attachments

• crash-2014-06-06_14.12.17-server.txt
    22.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

HammerfistXI

Jul 29, 2019
dunno whats happend but iv started playing AS with a friend, the world is just a few days old but i cant find out why i can no longer open my quest book . any one know of a fix for this?

Leva7

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you use a unifier to change tofu into what you need? I don't know if it works but I assume you could. Also, I've noticed that waila shows the smeltery w/ aluminum or al. brass with i instead of u (aliminum).
P.S. Jaded, have you completed this entire quest yourself? The tasks are ridiculous :)

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, been playing with mods and FTB for a while but pretty new to these forums.

Anyways, I have discovered an issue with HQM. I've looked around and seen people complaining about this symptom, but haven't seen anyone connect the symptom to this issue. I apologize beforehand if this issue is already known of.

Issue Summary: A large(er) players.dat file (such as the one packed with the AS SMP server) causes there to be significant server overhead/lag even when the server is otherwise completely idle.

Issue Details: Here are the symptoms and then the fix which lead me the conclusion HQM is at fault.

I downloaded the server completely fresh and ran it. Before anyone got on and started building anything, my console was being spammed with a wall of "[WARNING] Can't keep up." Oddly enough, the warnings seemed very consistent, occurring right around 45 seconds between each other. Also, during these lag spikes was the typical slow inventory opening, item updates, etc. issues. See screen1.
8a58dc82cf.png
I loaded up Opis client side to check if something IN the map was eating up resources and causing the server to lag spike. In the Opis console window, there was no abnormally high tps or anything eating resources ON the server, but the ping graph spike coincided with the server window's warnings. The server and client were ran locally, so the ping wouldn't be caused by a network issue. See screen2.
33d0e5675f.png
I also tried all of these, none of which helped:
  • Running the server and nothing else intensive on my computer.
  • Disabling server side utility mods (Opis and aroma backup).
  • Editing server launch parameters for xms/xmx/permsize.
  • Increasing process priority via task manager.
  • Updating java (from 7u45 to 7u60. 64-bit versions, of course).
  • Restarting my computer.

Solution: Then, I don't know what caused me to have this idea, but I went into the world save folder and deleted players.dat under in HardcoreQuesting. I launched the server again, the issue was resolved. The prepacked players/teams that come in the AS SMP server save seem to have been the issue. I suspect HQM tries to read/write/backup this every 45 seconds, but larger files = poorer performance, thus lag spikes.

Downsides of this solution: This solution comes at 2 downsides:
  • When the server is launched again, HQM's quest mode and hardcore mode are disabled by default when it doesn't find there to be a players.dat file. This is actually fixed easily by typing "hqm quest" and "hqm hardcore" in the server window, WITHOUT logging in.
  • ALL player stats and quest progress gets wiped. That makes this fix not practical on servers where people have already been playing for a while. It is possible to edit the quest progress of each team with op commands, then spawn in items to get their partial progress back to what it was, but that would be extremely tedious.

For servers that actually have 20-30+ players playing it, I guess this would be a persistant issue and there wouldn't be a solution at all.

Additional Details and Comments:
Intel Q6600 (2.4 GHz quad core)
8GB DDR2
Windows 7 Ultimate
Western Digital Black 1TB HDD

I feel like this issue might be a bit more pronounced on my system since I have a slightly weaker processor, slower ram, and slower file access (compared to SSDs) than the newer computers nowadays. But I do think it affects all servers to some extent.

I have attached the blank players.dat (with quest and hardcore mode already enabled). You may want to consider replacing the players.dat files in both the SSP and SMP map saves for future downloads with this one. I saw that you, jadedcat, were also in the quest book on the SSP saves, but if the HQM mod is choking on a 75kB file, each byte removed could be significant in improving performance.

Another possible solution would be to individually delete players and teams, but as far as I have seen, there is no way to do that both with in game op commands nor editing the players.dat file (since it's saved in a serializable formating I'm guessing that only it can read)

Attachments

• players.dat.zip
    124 bytes · Views: 52
Last edited:

THEminer72

Jul 29, 2019
there is no way as of now to download the home sweet home map as of 2.1.7, when downloads it gives version file and that's it, others work fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1402175583][/DOUBLEPOST]just plz read this, THIS IS LIKE KILLING AGS INSTANTLY. NO MAP=NO GAME

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah there's quite a few unfortunately. There's one with liquiducts that's almost unavoidable, but it has been stated that it wouldn't be fixed for 1.6.4 :( oh well.

Last edited:

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
there is no way as of now to download the home sweet home map as of 2.1.7, when downloads it gives version file and that's it, others work fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1402175583][/DOUBLEPOST]just plz read this, THIS IS LIKE KILLING AGS INSTANTLY. NO MAP=NO GAME
Perhaps you should have a look over the last 2 pages.
I've quoted JadedCat's post on Page 92 about the map.
They're on the FTB launcher and there is a bug with the Home Sweet Home map.
Also a quick google can take you to a few sites that have the maps available.
Note that the letter makes no difference after H (IIRC) It was Lettered differently to prevent overwriting saves.

Finally (and I haven't tested this) try download an older version that had the maps.
Back them up somewhere.
Re download the latest one and put the map in.[DOUBLEPOST=1402186310][/DOUBLEPOST]
I found a GAMEBREAKING BUG for infinite fluid of ANY TYPE. http://imgur.com/a/43Dh5
It is incredibly bad form to post Dupe Bugs. Especially here.
It's been said multiple times. Do not post them here.
Make a post saying who you PM'd about the bug. And then send them a PM.

DR3ADLORD

Jul 29, 2019
You're using a High Oven Duct on a Deep Tank. You can only use Scorched Drains on the actual deep tank structure. I did this a while ago as well - if you can get in and quickly mine the duct or change the item id in your configs, load up and it will delete the instances of the item, then just rebuild with a drain. This works for single player, but I don't know about multiplayer.

I am having this problem currently but I am not sure what ID to change it too. I have tried changing the scorched brick IDs to no avail, as well as the clear glass (which is what I used). Is there a specific ID I should use? The crash is instant my world doesn't even load so breaking the controller/duct is not an option.

funkydmonky

Jul 29, 2019
For the I'm Smelting Quest in Learning to Skyblock, i can claim the reward, but if I choose the full heart the game crashes and deletes my save. I found back ups and tried it a couple of times and the same thing occurs after every try.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
For the I'm Smelting Quest in Learning to Skyblock, i can claim the reward, but if I choose the full heart the game crashes and deletes my save. I found back ups and tried it a couple of times and the same thing occurs after every try.
Crash log or it didn't happen.[DOUBLEPOST=1402213153][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am having this problem currently but I am not sure what ID to change it too. I have tried changing the scorched brick IDs to no avail, as well as the clear glass (which is what I used). Is there a specific ID I should use? The crash is instant my world doesn't even load so breaking the controller/duct is not an option.

Change the ID of the scorched Duct
That will remove it from the deep tank.

llacheronll

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone is having this problem but my gf can't update to 2.1.7. It just doesn't show up in her launcher and we have re-installed F.T.B launcher multiple times and it still doesn't show up. If there are any suggestions to try to resole the problem that would be amazing.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
^ I have not touched anything with limestone. I believe the hammer bug is an ex aliquo thing, and I believe Steelworks adds the limestone > limestone brick smelting, overriding mine.

Ok I have no clue how to fix the limestone thing. It appears both of you have a recipe for smelt "blockLimestone" = xyz . And TSteel is the one the game is going with. My guess is I will need to remove both recipes and readd them as recipes by item ID. Which will work for Ag Skies, but not so much for other packs using both mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.