Quicklaunch Suggestion

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
We need more posts here :p
Edit: derp with slow internet connection

Last edited:

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Did any launcher devs see this?

Come to think, I don't actually know who the launcher devs are.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great idea.
I know right I have been waiting to see if more people saw this, but it kinda died out[DOUBLEPOST=1401918493][/DOUBLEPOST]Thinking about it it should be pretty simple to do. You would launch a hidden instance of the launcher and pass the function/method that is the launch button with it's launch parameter. Creating it would be a little more complicated I think

Reactions: ThomazM

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
To be frank, it's not the opening of the launcher and selecting of the pack that takes the time for me.

It's the forge loader taking almost ten minutes to load 195 mods.

Make that faster and I care not for 20 seconds of opening the launcher and choosing my pack.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
To be frank, it's not the opening of the launcher and selecting of the pack that takes the time for me.

It's the forge loader taking almost ten minutes to load 195 mods.

Make that faster and I care not for 20 seconds of opening the launcher and choosing my pack.
I think that would take optimization of Minecraft's game engine, and we know how that affects mods

Reactions: ThomazM

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
So sure, startup takes longer than the launcher, but imagine this: walk over to your rig, double click your icon, then go heat up your Keurig for a cup of coffee for the 3-5 minutes it takes to load up some packs.

I'm not suggesting that the launcher is such an arduous thing, but you must be involved multiple times the way things are right now, instead of just at the start and end of the process.