Tinker's Alloys

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
just installed latest version of TC and checked. it takes less than 6 iron to make 32 tracks(RC recipe), smelting those tracks will result in 12 iron ingots.

You could make an interesting factory that automated the duping process and was self-sufficient. A very slight skill kicker would be that you had to find rather than craft the starter batch of rails needed. Abandoned mineshafts aren't super rare, but its an interesting form of 'seed' hunting.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
You could make an interesting factory that automated the duping process and was self-sufficient. A very slight skill kicker would be that you had to find rather than craft the starter batch of rails needed. Abandoned mineshafts aren't super rare, but its an interesting form of 'seed' hunting.
i already see how`d implement such thing, but the only i have no idea how to automate, is a casting process

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
i already see how`d implement such thing, but the only i have no idea how to automate, is a casting process

A redstone pulse will activate the faucet and an ejector will pull from a casting table or basin. If all you are getting is iron, then using a series of casting basins would be much less headache inducing. Fun fact; Liquiducts will connect directly to drains and faucets work on normal Tanks. Unfortunately they will only drop to a table/basin directly below them, so no fountains made out of falling streams of molten metal.

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
Time to abuse the heck out of this, MUAHAHAHAHHAAHA. :p

Ok, so I already have a stabilized Mystcraft age with about 16 dense ore symbols (I'm using it as a more realistic "vault" while I learn how to play with all these mods), so not really any additional cheating.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
A redstone pulse will activate the faucet and an ejector will pull from a casting table or basin. If all you are getting is iron, then using a series of casting basins would be much less headache inducing. Fun fact; Liquiducts will connect directly to drains and faucets work on normal Tanks. Unfortunately they will only drop to a table/basin directly below them, so no fountains made out of falling streams of molten metal.
thanx, i`ll consider this for smeltery automation

Deathpan2

Jul 29, 2019
You can make steel with chain mail in the smeltery but, you can also make chain mail in crafting table with chain links made when you use the threader the make iron wire. you also use it to make the chains you need to make the elevator in another mod.

Another recipe is tin an gravel to make the brown stone for walk ways that make you run faster

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
You can make steel with chain mail in the smeltery but, you can also make chain mail in crafting table with chain links made when you use the threader the make iron wire. you also use it to make the chains you need to make the elevator in another mod.

That threader is manual operation only. Its not quick either and has a randomized, long reset. I guess if all you have is Chainz and TC....

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
You can make bronze out of copper and tin :3 I don't think that's mentioned in the book.
Yep it uses the old forestry 3 copper 1 tin, bit of a poke at some one I guess but not getting into that again.[DOUBLEPOST=1379867868][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can think of 2 ways off the top of my head AE being one the other a redstone clock between 2 spouts, hoppers & ender chests.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
you can make steel by smelting iron ingots in a regular furnace
image.jpg

And no you can not

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
About automating the smeltery: I don't know if you can pipe in stuff directly, but hoppers connect to the smeltery controller, and fluiducts can be used to draw molten metal (and other stuff) out. I haven't tried drawing things out of the casting table but items will drop into hoppers from the casting basin.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
About automating the smeltery: I don't know if you can pipe in stuff directly, but hoppers connect to the smeltery controller, and fluiducts can be used to draw molten metal (and other stuff) out. I haven't tried drawing things out of the casting table but items will drop into hoppers from the casting basin.

ME export buses on the controller work for items, fluiducts or fluid export buses on a drain work for pumping fluids in. All the usual ways work for pumping lava into the lava tank. Fluiducts work on drains for pumping stuff out too, itemducts or import buses on casting basins.

Eminently automatable.