Please help me fix my crap FPS

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wildlily

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, quick run down of my comp. It's a microsoft windows 7 home premium 64 bit-basic pc. I have 4 GB of installed physical memory. I recently added the code -XX:MaxPermSize=128M to my advanced options in FTB and deleted and reinstalled both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Java. I have all of my setting in minecraft set to low (after following someone's instructions on a previous forum.)

My problem is that I'm trying to play Direwolf20 1.6.4 and I get a fluxuating fps 4 to 24. I have the allocated memory in ftb set to 2gb though it says i'm not using that much. It crashes at least once everytime I open it up and my movements are super lagged. I would really appreciate some help with this. Ive been told that optifire (or whatever) and FPSplus don't do anything and might not help at all.

Edit: Agrarian skies works super well... So I'll be playing that while I wait for a reply. Thank you

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...maybe disable the Hats and Hats rack mod? It doesn't impact the game much besides give you silly hats to put on, it may be a source of your lag. It was a kind of problem when I messed with the modpack.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Make sure the launcher is loading only the 64-bit Java install. If it doesn't, you'll have some lag and other issues.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Try creating a new world on your main pack to check FPS. If it's better than your main world, that normally indicates corrupted chunks.

Reactions: RedBoss

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
try these java args.

-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent

Wildlily

Jul 29, 2019
On a new world I'm getting about the same fps as the last but no lower than 4, with varients of 24 (while looking at the sky)

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
2gb RAM is what you want to play FTB at if that doesn't solve anything chances are there is a laggy mod making the lag.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
there was that other thread about DW20 being bad but not the other modpacks.[DOUBLEPOST=1401423663][/DOUBLEPOST]also, just remove 32 bit java.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
removing 32 java doesn't do anything. I have the same problem. I have a laptop with 8 GB and I'm not entirely sold the launcher slider for ram allocation does anything. everything runs fine on a computer with 2GB ram. No matter what happens, I get good times then it just shits out on me for 10 secs and then its fine again. Alot of times making it unplayable...

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
why do you have 32-bit and 64-bit at the same time. Also please up the jab argument to 256 (my go to perm size for modded). And put the ram allocation on the launcher to 1.5 Gigs

Reactions: ThomazM

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
removing 32 java doesn't do anything. I have the same problem. I have a laptop with 8 GB and I'm not entirely sold the launcher slider for ram allocation does anything. everything runs fine on a computer with 2GB ram. No matter what happens, I get good times then it just shits out on me for 10 secs and then its fine again. Alot of times making it unplayable...
whats your ram usage at? (F3)

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
why do you have 32-bit and 64-bit at the same time. Also please up the jab argument to 256 (my go to perm size for modded). And put the ram allocation on the launcher to 1.5 Gigs
most browsers aren't 64 bit and if you go to install java 7, it will default to 32 bit unless you manually install 64 bit.

Reactions: Padfoote

Wildlily

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure.. I've only played agrarian skies and direwolf20. I tried BloodnBones but the fps was so bad I didn't even try to fix it, just went back to agarian. I'm trying Direwolf20 because my friend wants to stream a server eventually and I would like to be apart of it.