"The Hourglass" Simple Wither Boss Farm - FTB Monster

Jul 29, 2019
Made in the FTB Monster pack, this fully automated wither boss farm spawns the wither and subsequently kills him whilst being completely contained thanks to Thaumcraft; not only are the rates of this farm extremely high, the farm also requires no power to run; the only limits of this farm is your supply of soul sand and wither skeleton skulls.

Here is the YouTube video explaining the way it works and how to build it:

Feel free to ask any questions on the build and whether you can see any improvements

-Orson.

Jul 29, 2019
You sir, are a genius! :D
Have my like, and my thanks; as I would build this in my next world.
May I ask how long this design took you?
Haha, thanks!
I originally built this in my survival world and that did take a while to finish as I kept running into new problems (about 6 hours lol). I then went into a creative world and polished the design and fixed all the problems which took about half an hour - moral of the story is: always design a farm in creative mode first lol :)

Reactions: RealSketch
Jul 29, 2019
Now comes the part where we have to automate soul sand and wither skulls
Well yes, I actually originally designed this along with a wither skeleton farm. The best way to get wither skulls is to use a rotarycraft bedrock sword as it has Looting V, sometimes the wither skellies can drop more than one skull although this can be quite expensive.

Jul 29, 2019
Using TiCon Cleaver with some more beheading modifiers added to it can get multiple skulls off skeletons too occasionally
True, although I prefer the bedrock sword for automation: place it in autonomous activator and and don't worry about the durability with TiCon you will eventually need to replace the sword or make several copies.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

This looks awesome :) My main query though, is what is that thing which kills the wither?

Also i'm in the DireWolf mod pack for 1.6.4 1.0.21 and it looks like nether stars are now gone? Replaced by something called a Nether Cube?

Reactions: OrsonThinks&Talks
Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

This looks awesome :) My main query though, is what is that thing which kills the wither?

Also i'm in the DireWolf mod pack for 1.6.4 1.0.21 and it looks like nether stars are now gone? Replaced by something called a Nether Cube?

To kill the wither I used a Shock Panel (Star) which will kill any mob instantly (pretty OP). The shock panel costs a nether star to make and is from expanded redstone by Reika and it might not be in the Direwolf pack but there may be similar blocks; i personally have never played Direwolf so I don't know.
As for nether cubes it might be a texture pack thing - I know that some texture packs change the names of items so the nether cube should still act as a nether star.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Made in the FTB Monster pack, this fully automated wither boss farm spawns the wither and subsequently kills him whilst being completely contained thanks to Thaumcraft; not only are the rates of this farm extremely high, the farm also requires no power to run; the only limits of this farm is your supply of soul sand and wither skeleton skulls.

Here is the YouTube video explaining the way it works and how to build it:

Feel free to ask any questions on the build and whether you can see any improvements

-Orson.
hooking this up to a sludge boiler and wither skull farm in the nether would be a wise descision.
Also, what mod is the shock absorber from?

Jul 29, 2019
hooking this up to a sludge boiler and wither skull farm in the nether would be a wise descision.
Also, what mod is the shock absorber from?
Yep, and i am going to post a design for a wither skeleton farm I made that produces more than enough wither skulls to keep up. With the wither skeleton farm I made I could have a wither spawning every 5 seconds, and could be faster if i built another wither boss farm :)

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Why are we not founding this?! Genius work!
i would like to see another way that doesn't involve shock panels, i used a similar design as far as spawning him and droping him before but i could get a good way to kill him without him throwing a tantrum when i play FTB lite, and im going to be playing it more since thats what my server is using.