Thaumcraft 4 Primal Aspects Issue

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

InfiniLife

Jul 29, 2019
Recently I've been getting into thaumcraft 4 and I've learned quite a bit so far but my only problem is i'm running out of the primal aspects. I've heard that you're supposed to have crystal clusters or something but i'm not to sure. Can anyone please tell me how to gain primal aspects quickly? Thanks for any replies!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Scan nodes and have crystal clusters around your research table. The clusters will allow you to regenerate aspects when completely out. Bookshelves will also do this, but with more than just the primals.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
If you haven't already, make a deconstruction table or 2 or 4, and drop in crafting tables, wool, or natura berries (if you have a lot). You will get lots of primal aspects from them. You have to click the deconstruction tables to get the research point. Also, if you create items you have researched, you often get several of the aspects back.

You can also go around and scan a bunch of nodes.

If you set the thaumcraft difficulty to hard, you have to play the mini game every time, but you also get to choose the aspects you consume to solve the puzzle. This lets you take different paths to solve them thereby saving the primals until you need them.

I have done almost all the research, and have not built a deconstruction table, and I have never run out of aspects. Although, I did get low enough that I had to stop researching and build some of the stuff before I could continue.

Reactions: Padfoote

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Crafting table in deconstruction tanle is %100 chance for any primal except for ignis at the cost of four wood
And as a reminder, Ignis isn't SUPER well used. It's common enough, sure, but really, unless you suck at research(like me) or are in easy mode(like me, occasionally), the lack of ignis likely won't hurt you in the long run.
Much.

Abhijeet

Jul 29, 2019
USE WOOL!!!! It has a 100% rate as far as I know and i've been getting alot of air, ordo, aqua, etc. and this way works. DECONSTRUCT WOOL!!! Only side effect is that u sit there all day collecting the aspects and it can get boring. Hope I helped! :)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I use all my wool to make covered ME cables.

Colin must GROW!

I should probably farm sheep or cotton or both or something, but meh.

Have cave spider spawners in my mob farm so it's not like i'm short on string XD

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, icic. Though, in FTB there are so many uberblocks to scan... Scanning any advanced MFR/TE machine yields like 50 research points.

The only downside is that primals are in short supply. Waiting on cluster regeneration or breaking down shit is very boring. Right now aer is a pain in the ass. I need a lot of permutio and pracantio, both requiring aer.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, icic. Though, in FTB there are so many uberblocks to scan... Scanning any advanced MFR/TE machine yields like 50 research points.

The only downside is that primals are in short supply. Waiting on cluster regeneration or breaking down shit is very boring. Right now aer is a pain in the ass. I need a lot of permutio and pracantio, both requiring aer.
Crafting tables. 100% chance to get an aspect, all aspects except ignis