New door/fence idea

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
OK, what have I done here:
2014-05-09_14.56.50.jpg

Should work as a mob-proof door as well. Entites can be pushed through, but can't path through.
*Edit* Actually it's not much use as a fence as they will push each other through if you walk past holding wheat. Seems to work fine as a walk-through mob-proof door though.

Last edited:

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
psssssssttttt community showcaae would be more appropriated for that :p

but that is a dam good idea :O

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
psssssssttttt community showcaae would be more appropriated for that
OK I'll ask for it to be moved. And, I've just come up with a second, much easier way of getting the blocks to stick in that state.

So, what blocks did I use? That should be an easy one to answer, and it sounds like you got it. But how did I get them to stick in that state? I have two methods, both involving the same mod.

*Edit* Be careful! I just managed to place a block that I cannot find any way of removing! Make sure you don't get the block stuck in the first pre-insubstantial phase.

Last edited:
Reactions: RealSketch

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Heh but imo as soon as you have more than 2 animals they go nuts and start pushing each other into the boundaries like idiots :p

null123

Mar 27, 2014
OK I'll ask for it to be moved. And, I've just come up with a second, much easier way of getting the blocks to stick in that state.

So, what blocks did I use? That should be an easy one to answer, and it sounds like you got it. But how did I get them to stick in that state? I have two methods, both involving the same mod.
This obviously isn't the method you used, but would autonomous activators work on those?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
In case anyone hasn't got it yet, this can be done with either a Portable Hole or Warding. Don't ward them too soon! Wait till they are transparent, either with red squares or yellow squares, ward them, and wait for the normal cycle time to expire before un-warding them. They can be broken in this state but it is slow so they won't break by accident.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
In case anyone hasn't got it yet, this can be done with either a Portable Hole or Warding. Don't ward them too soon! Wait till they are transparent, either with red squares or yellow squares, ward them, and wait for the normal cycle time to expire before un-warding them. They can be broken in this state but it is slow so they won't break by accident.
@ThatOneSlowking You know what to do (even tho not much necro, TIS STILL A NECRO)