Transferring worlds between modpacks. HELP NEEDED

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mo_newtomining

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I was wondering whether it'd be possible to save the existing world of my Feed The Beast server and transfer it to my Direwolf20 Server. Is it possible to transfer the world from one end to another?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Is that FTB beta pack?

TE redstone energy conduits are kinda buggy, but I copied my world across just fine.
(just dismantle your energy conduit network and switch off all your engines)

Gregtech isn't part of Direpack, so you may want to refund the raw materials from GT items.

You'll want some fresh chunks/ages for Redpower/uselesscraft (XYcraft) terrain gen ect...
And check the Thaumcraft thread for how to backdate the terrain gen so you get your aura-nodes and spider trees

Reactions: damnedsky

Jackiya

Jul 29, 2019
Is that FTB beta pack?

TE redstone energy conduits are kinda buggy, but I copied my world across just fine.

Gregtech isn't part of Direpack, so you may want to refund the raw materials from GT items.

You'll want some fresh chunks/ages for Redpower/uselesscraft (XYcraft) terrain gen ect...
And check the Thaumcraft thread for how to backdate the terrain gen so you get your aura-nodes and spider trees
ah could you elaborate on how you copied your world across because MCEdit is giving me block ID troubles :L

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
ah could you elaborate on how you copied your world across because MCEdit is giving me block ID troubles :L

MCEdit?

I copied the folder containing my world (FTB Beta->Minecraft->Saves->Myworld) onto my desktop (so I have a backup), then copied it to my saves folder in the Direwolf20 pack.
(This worked in SSP, you'll want to download your worldfile from your host- it should work the same way)

Jackiya

Jul 29, 2019
MCEdit?

I copied the folder containing my world (FTB Beta->Minecraft->Saves->Myworld) onto my desktop (so I have a backup), then copied it to my saves folder in the Direwolf20 pack.
(This worked in SSP, you'll want to download your worldfile from your host- it should work the same way)
That's what I did except it didn't work. Block ideas were swapped and I ended up with random vanilla blocks all over the place[DOUBLEPOST=1356863066][/DOUBLEPOST]
MCEdit?

Could you give me an in depth tutorial because I really don't want to lose my current world. It really wouldn't be the same, thanks.

damnedsky

Jul 29, 2019
Is that FTB beta pack?
I really love this comment! It's short and to the point.

That's what I did except it didn't work. Block ideas were swapped and I ended up with random vanilla blocks all over the place. Could you give me an in depth tutorial because I really don't want to lose my current world. It really wouldn't be the same, thanks.

A change like that requires a lot of work and dedication Jackiya but if you follow exactly what Celestialphoenix said, you should be fine. I expect some blocks will be cheated in to replace anything broken.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Is that FTB beta pack?

You must have done some serious ID check, because when i moved my server to the mindcrack pack i got way to many conflicts and server crashes for the game to be playable.
I got server crashes just even plating some corn.

/manu