How to add more RAM onto server

iFinch

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I am new to this server hosting thing and I want to add more RAM to my server. My problem is that when i launch it using the Server Start #G.bat file, only I can connect and not my friends. Please help, I am a noob at this stuff.

rpg4mc

Jul 29, 2019
your friends not being able to connect has nothing to do with the bat file. The bat file launches the server. 'Localhost' aka you can then join. If you want friends to be able to join, you'll have to open the standard port 25565 or an alternative port if you like another one. Opening those ports is different for every router so I'll need more info to help your further. Adding more ram on the server though is just launching the included bat file on Windows, or making a .command file in Mac OS X

iFinch

Jul 29, 2019
Well I have already made my server public before I wanted to add more RAM to it. Like we have buildings and everything and latley the server has been getting some lagg. I want to add more RAm to reduce it but dont know how.

rpg4mc

Jul 29, 2019
Ok well, I'm assuming you're using a windows operating system and you downloaded the 1.4. server files. You probably then unzipped them and launched it using one of the bat files. You can just double click a bat file with more ram in. It's right in the name of the bat file. BUT check the ram your computer has before putting more ram to the server. Leave at least like 1gb open for your minecraft (if you use the same device to play and host) and some ram for the OS itself. That's it: just double click a bat file with more ram and that's all you do :D
Hope this helped you better

iFinch

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is if I launch it with the bat file my friends cant connect to it.

rpg4mc

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is if I launch it with the bat file my friends cant connect to it.

ooh ok, I think I misunderstood the question then. Well, I honestly have no idea how that could make a difference. Do you use hamachi or 'pure ports' ?

rpg4mc

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even understand how a bat file could alter an open port and a closed port. I'm afraid I won't be able to help you further. Sorry

iFinch

Jul 29, 2019
Can you tell me what was wrong?
I have the same problem..

What you wanna do is edit the Start.bat file in notepad and double check to see if the path it has is correct. For instance, my path had the Programs(86x) thing instead of just the normal Programs. If you edit the start.bat in notepad just follow the path it tells you normally, and fix whatever is wrong.

I hope this helps. :)