good and simple elevator / lift mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

schmru

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know any good and simple lift / elevator mode that would work with ftb?
i would be realy happy if it would be simple withouth much wiring, something like
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/lift/.
Because i hate to walk to my mine all the time, it would be very simpler to use something else.
Would realy like that i could choose bettwen multiple fllors where to go.

Thanks for help

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft might work nicely for you. Using tracks to make an elevator up. There's also redpower frames, but you'd have to do some wiring with that.

This video has a nice demonstration of a railcraft elevator with multiple floors and it includes the pastebin for the code. It requires the CCsensors mod though, but it's simple enough to install.

IMO, it's better to use the mods available to do what you want than to get a whole new mod. There may be a compatible elevator mod someone else knows of though.

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft also has a late research that is a block that flings you up in the air 10 blocks. You can stack them to increase the distance as well. It's not a traditional elevator, but it's going to be the fastest option in minecraft short of flying everywhere with a gravity chestplate.

Flip

Jul 29, 2019
Once you get a jetpack/gravitation chestplate, you won't need stairs/elevators anymore. Just make attractive landings at each level that are easy to access and identify.

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Yea i tried to think out something using frames, but dont know how to make it, so that i could choose to wich level will it go
Take a peek at this video:
Odedex shows how to make a multifloor elevator in that one using RP2 and WR-CBE

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Or you can use railcraft with elevator tracks and either signal transmitters and reveivers. The receiver when activated by a transmitter will emit a redstone signal. Use that signal to turn the send a signal to the elevator track at the specified floor and it will make the elevator track stop at that level.

Here is Jeet showing exactly what you were asking for in railcraft form

schmru

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the help guys, will watch all movies in the morning and make something out of it, maybe even eventually make my own movie and share it here :D .

Thank again

Acidion

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I know this thread is about 6 months old. However, I tried the red power 2 frames and while going down was very smooth, going up was very twitchy and even caused severe lag. Any other ideas?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I know this thread is about 6 months old. However, I tried the red power 2 frames and while going down was very smooth, going up was very twitchy and even caused severe lag. Any other ideas?
Yeh, well, that's nothing, try to make the elevator a box with a two block headspace. Dead every time you take the lift :D.