Mariculture Limestone

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cacofiend

Jul 29, 2019
So we're playing FTB Monster (1.0.7) and I decided to start messing around with Mariculture. At one point I put some Rutilite(?) Ore into the TiCo Smeltery, which gave me impure molten titanium. Supposedly, the only way to make it regular molten titanium is to add magnesium, made by putting 32 Limestone in a Mariculture freezer with the equivalent of 24 buckets of water.

As far as we can tell, however, Mariculture Limestone doesn't generate in the world (none could be found for nearly 1000 blocks in any given direction), only the Emasher and Geostrata versions, neither of which work for this purpose. Further, none of the unifiers we used (Mariculture/MFE/etc.) would actually convert either Limestone to another mods version.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar, and if so what configs could be modded to either allow it to generate, or enable any mod version to work in the freezer...or maybe just point out that I'm a foolish n00b and help me along.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pied_Piper_11

Jul 29, 2019
I found mine in rivers usually interlaced into the sand but only 1 or 2 blocks under the water. We found 7 stacks amongst 3 of us in 1 MC night.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using ATG? I was under the impression that mariculture limestone only generates in river biomes and ATG does not make those.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Looking over the update notes for Monster it appears Mariculture limestone generation was disabled in 1.0.4 and re-enabled in 1.0.6. So if your world was generated with in that time frame you will only find it in chunks generated after 1.0.6.

This is not the only world gen issue with past versions of the Monster pack as they made a lot of ore/block generation tweaks from update to update as this is a beta pack.

Cacofiend

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much for the replies.

Alternate Terrain Generation is not enabled. I -thought- the world was created on 1.0.7, but now we're thinking it may have been 1.0.5, as at the time that was the "recommended" setting. We'll be updating the world anyway shortly, so I'll load up a 1.0.9 SP and see if it's generating there.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm. I'll look at the oreDict entries and fix them if needed. You should be able to convert them.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
emasher doesn't register his limestone, however the chisel mod has special support that lets you convert emashers to theirs/mine. (Chisels works in my freezer by default). So make yourself a chisel ^_^.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I can register it though :p I'll register geostratas to if it's not. I though Reika said he was going to though. Meh.

Cacofiend

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so we loaded up a 1.0.9 world and went hunting. Again, found nothing for a while, but after poking around the configs we found that in Mariculture's worldgen.cfg both Rutile Ore and Limestone generation were set to "false".

Now, we did find Mariculture Limestone after changing the config to true and resetting. But obviously, as per my original post, Rutile was generating before any of this...so I don't know. I'm probably just insane. In any case, I figured I'd throw this out there for consideration. Thanks again for the replies all.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so we loaded up a 1.0.9 world and went hunting. Again, found nothing for a while, but after poking around the configs we found that in Mariculture's worldgen.cfg both Rutile Ore and Limestone generation were set to "false".

Now, we did find Mariculture Limestone after changing the config to true and resetting. But obviously, as per my original post, Rutile was generating before any of this...so I don't know. I'm probably just insane. In any case, I figured I'd throw this out there for consideration. Thanks again for the replies all.

I actually asked Eyamaz about this and Rutile ore generation is enabled in the COFH configs instead of the Mariculture configs.
ATG doesn't like to use the river biome very often (very rare) so we switched to having a small amount of rutile generating through cofhcore.

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
I literally just created this profile so I could log in here and comment. I know i'm 3 months late to the party, but I have the solution to this one as I was beating my head over the Mariculture/Titanium issue just this morning.

Disclaimer, I have no idea if this solution was valid 3 months ago.

In my own serverworld Mariculture Limestone is also nonexistent, even though other types of limestone are found in abundance. Luckily the Planning Chalk item can be created with any two blocks of limestone plus white dye. The Planning Chalk item can then be burned down in a crucible furnace to create Mariculture-approved Quicklime.

May I just say, making Mariculture Titanium is one of the most frustrating things I've ever done in a minecraft mod.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I literally just created this profile so I could log in here and comment. I know i'm 3 months late to the party, but I have the solution to this one as I was beating my head over the Mariculture/Titanium issue just this morning.

Disclaimer, I have no idea if this solution was valid 3 months ago.

In my own serverworld Mariculture Limestone is also nonexistent, even though other types of limestone are found in abundance. Luckily the Planning Chalk item can be created with any two blocks of limestone plus white dye. The Planning Chalk item can then be burned down in a crucible furnace to create Mariculture-approved Quicklime.

May I just say, making Mariculture Titanium is one of the most frustrating things I've ever done in a minecraft mod.
First off, the Planning Chalk trick is brilliant, not because it works on other types of limestone but because it gets the most quicklime out of all the methods we have. Second, it worked then too, unless one wanted to use Emasher's Limestone, in which case Chisel was needed to bridge that gap(and said gap still exists, AFAIK).

In before ThatOneSlowking!

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Hello.
holynecropostingbatman.jpg

Suprise!!!

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
...Melt it ahead of time? Not like you can't just do that...
Or upgrade your crucible furnace...

Yes, I should upgrade my crucible furnace with upgrades that require titanium which require the crucible furnace. The furnace is still dog slow at melting limestone with pre-titanium upgrades.

Ahead of time? I can't make quicklime ahead of time when I don't know I need quicklime until I need quicklime. So yes, with more experience with the mod I can work around how slow it is. Then again that slowness is exactly why I probably won't use the mod outside of it being required for stuff like HQM.

It is the slowest furnace I've used in modded minecraft. It gives the crystallizer a stiff challenge for the turtle award.The crystallizer on the other hand has more built-in parallelism and is cheaper/easier to run in banks.

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
Quicklime can only be stored in drums or in Glass Bottles (made in a vat by boaking glass in a half/half mixture of molten aluminum and.... you guessed it... quicklime.)

I had to set up a ridiculously complicated drum storage unit with EnderIO fluid lines just to be able to portion out the liquids in the amounts that I wanted. Drums are unwieldy, particularly when paired with liquids that aren't compatible with bucket or bottle.