Different ways to transport Items, Power, and Fluids?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Items - BC, Logistics Pipes, Thermal Expansion (Ducts, & Tesseracts), Applied Energistics,
Fluid - BC, Thermal Expansion (Ducts, & Tesseracts)
Power - BC, Thermal Expansion (Ducts, & Tesseracts), IC2/Gregtech

These are for the mods I currently have on my server (the DW .19 pack, with Gregtech, Ender IO, Agricultre, Mariculture, Advanced Genetics, Advanced Power Management, Advanced Reactors, Big Reactors, Ender Forest, ExtraTic, Gendustry, Metallurgy, Advanced Solar Panels). The above ways are only what I know of off the top of my head, but wondering what the others are. I thought I saw in a mod spotlight that ender io had a way to transmit all 3 at once through some sort of compact pipe, but can't figure out what that was. Can anyone help out with other ways? Trying for something unique this time around.

Thanks

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Ender IO can transport all three in one block, but it requires the three respective pipes. One for power, one for items, one for fluids, and there's even one for redstone and for AE cables.

Reactions: Staxed and PierceSG

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Ender IO can transport all three in one block, but it requires the three respective pipes. One for power, one for items, one for fluids, and there's even one for redstone and for AE cables.

You mean, like they all function as microblocks and can occupy the same space, they just have to be placed seperately?

And can they be used in conjunction with covers, or facades to hide them behind panels and such?

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You mean, like they all function as microblocks and can occupy the same space, they just have to be placed seperately?

And can they be used in conjunction with covers, or facades to hide them behind panels and such?

Yes to the first, and kinda to the second. Ender IO adds it's own facade that can be run through a painting machine to take on the texture of any other block, and it will allow cables to be run through it. It will also become see through when holding a Yeta Wrench, allowing for easy access to the cables inside.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Yes to the first, and kinda to the second. Ender IO adds it's own facade that can be run through a painting machine to take on the texture of any other block, and it will allow cables to be run through it. It will also become see through when holding a Yeta Wrench, allowing for easy access to the cables inside.

Will definitely take a look at that. Would definitely be more handy for machines, like the MFR grinders, that have a need for all 3 without having to use all 3 sides.

What about the integration between mods? can you go from an ender io pipe to a itemduct, or would there need to be some sort of middle point, such as a chest, in between?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
What about the integration between mods? can you go from an ender io pipe to a itemduct, or would there need to be some sort of middle point, such as a chest, in between?

Haven't tried it before, but TBH, if you use the Ender IO pipes you won't be needing pipes from another mod.

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
What about the drones from that new mod pnematicraft?

They are pretty nifty and have awesome animations

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Haven't tried it before, but TBH, if you use the Ender IO pipes you won't be needing pipes from another mod.

Was just speaking hypothetically of course. I just like trying different things out. As for the pipes themselves, how many different kinds are there for Ender IO? I thought I counted 5, but there seemed to be different tiers as well. The tool tip wasn't much help in trying to figure them out.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Was just speaking hypothetically of course. I just like trying different things out. As for the pipes themselves, how many different kinds are there for Ender IO? I thought I counted 5, but there seemed to be different tiers as well. The tool tip wasn't much help in trying to figure them out.
Energy, redstone, item, fluid, and ME. Insulated redstone and switch are variants of redstone.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
As trajing said, there are those five types, as well as different tiers for several of those types. I think there's 3 power, 2 liquid, 2 item, 1 ME, 2 redstone, and then there's the switch one.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
As trajing said, there are those five types, as well as different tiers for several of those types. I think there's 3 power, 2 liquid, 2 item, 1 ME, 2 redstone, and then there's the switch one.

The power, and liquid ones are kinda self-explanatory, the higher the tier, the more that gets moved. What about the redstone one? I am a little confused on these. What do they do exactly?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
There's also the P2P thingies in Applied Energistics, which can transport power or fluids.

I'm also pretty sure that GregTech adds things for moving items and fluids as well.

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
Ender chests and tanks, of course. TE Portable Tanks can be filled with fluid and transported as items (though that's slower). OB Tanks can do the same.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The power, and liquid ones are kinda self-explanatory, the higher the tier, the more that gets moved. What about the redstone one? I am a little confused on these. What do they do exactly?

One is an insulated version that, IIRC, will not transfer redstone signal to anything other than more redstone cables. The other is able to transfer that redstone signal to anything it touches.

Optibane

Jul 29, 2019

The ender IO conduits join up to fluiducts and energy conduits from TE. I could not get the item conduit to connect directly to an itemduct though... you will need a chest in between in that case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ender tanks are very buggy for me. I break one, game crashes and when i log back in, the tank is now a chest. So I dont use them.

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you've got an id conflict. Are you using one of the base modpacks, or have you added other mods to one, or made your own from scratch?