Unlimited and Cheap Glowstone Generator!

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Okay this a method to farm glow stone. Pretty simple and doesn't require many resources to start. Here is what I use:

-Any block of your choice
-Energised Glow stone Bucket
-Gelid Cryotheum Bucket

(for this next bit feel free to use any method of breaking a block)

-A block breaker
-A Block Detector with a block filter linked to glow stone inside it
-Red stone Alloy Wire
-A chest

Okay here is the layout:

52a63d18a9b70ffa025d44dbf2a24382.png

732f891982facd0759911f3817e4a3b6.png

Basically the gelid pyrotheum freezes the glow stone even though it isn't source, so this basically is a glow stone generator :)

Remember to have a block filter linked to glow stone in the block detector (placed on the bottom right of the image above).

If you have any questions or think I missed anything post below please.

*I used a breaker plus because I usually add silktouch to get the glowstone block.

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Ye mine is setup like that on my server, but its not really needed. this got me 100k glowstone in a couple of days

Reactions: Vasa

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, this seems familiar... Like a mechanic that tons of people are just discovering but isn't all that new to those of us who have seen it done on these very forums before... And I remember... Northern Lights...

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
It certainly seems to have become "the thing" right now, with several youtubers picking it up in their let's plays. I tried the ME transition plane, but that breaks the flowing glowstone before it can freeze into a block. I went with a simple block breaker with a Project Red timer set to 3 seconds iirc. I use a lever to stop the timer when I have enough for now.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Have anyone tried using TE's own Terrain Smasher?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Yes, and it's buggy..

It smashes upon block update, which you would think is useful.. but it also smashes the glowstone fluid before it crystalises
You need to attach a timer onto it to slow the smashing down

Reactions: PierceSG

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
ME Transition Plane. Granted it needs at least a minimal AE setup, but all you really need is a controller, an ME Chest with storage cell, and the Transition Plane itself. Should ignore the liquid, and eat the block when it crystalises.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I used autonomous activator with a ender hopper thingy and cyclic assembler to get it back in block form a few months ago.

Got to 1.5 mil block before stopping it.

Redid on almost every world/server i played, until i crashed my game because not enough storage ^^

I did it on a vertical line and it was freezing two blocks at one time unstead of one

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Is this intended? But even if it's not this is a very nice way of making glow stone a little op but who cares everything is considered op these days :)