Underground rubbertreefarm

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EphYx

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm quite new to this forum so please keep calm if i posted this wrong or reposted this question but, i have a problem concerning my rubbertreefarm.

I have built this farm in a mountain, because I'm living in it and thought it would fit there quite nicely.
I built it with automatic with ME and Harvester, planter etc. but my trees dont grow. My room is only 11x11 and 8 blocks high. I guess i have enough light in it now, but even with bonemeal my trees dont grow. Someone has an idea how to help me ?

Here a screenshot if you want to see it: http://i.imgur.com/h4HpbPb.png?1

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Screenshots would help, what type of light are you using? I know the wrath lamp and arcane lamp that create light blocks interfere with growth. Also it may not be big enough, it checks for the max possible oak tree size.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Screenshots would help, what type of light are you using? I know the wrath lamp and arcane lamp that create light blocks interfere with growth. Also it may not be big enough, it checks for the max possible oak tree size.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
is there any difference between torchlight and sunlight ?
One is light level 15 and one is light level 14.
@AlanEsh what are you getting at? One can grow things anywhere if it's light well enough and isn't filled with some kind of "light air" bullshit like Factorization uses for it's Wrath Lamps(unlike TC4 and it's lamps which work by placing lights around the area, not with "light air", but TT does that with it's "light in a bottle" stuff).

Reactions: Padfoote

EphYx

Jul 29, 2019
increased the height to 11 and now it works, didnt expect that because the trees arent that tall but anyways, thank you very much you helped me a lot !

Reactions: YX33A

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
One is light level 15 and one is light level 14.
@AlanEsh what are you getting at? One can grow things anywhere if it's light well enough and isn't filled with some kind of "light air" bullshit like Factorization uses for it's Wrath Lamps(unlike TC4 and it's lamps which work by placing lights around the area, not with "light air", but TT does that with it's "light in a bottle" stuff).
I'm getting at the fact that sunlight "is strong enough", skylights look swell, and putting torches all over the place not only looks like sht, it also takes up precious growing space if you put any on the ground in the farm.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting at the fact that sunlight "is strong enough", skylights look swell, and putting torches all over the place not only looks like sht, it also takes up precious growing space if you put any on the ground in the farm.
Torches are "strong enough" if placed in ideal positioning(and OP has that covered) but sunlight only work 50% of a day/night cycle, skylights look okay if done well, and "growing space" is fine even if you place the torches in a checkerboard with the saplings(unless you must have a room full of logs it's fine to do this). Only Forestry seems to have a obsession with it's saplings being crushed into a dense space for automated farming solutions, and that sort of "solution" cuts down on sapling output.

See the size of OP's farm? See how many saplings OP has? This allows for more(if not max) sapling output from those trees.