Updates

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
I see that the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack has updated to 1.0.19 today. I want to know where I can find information about the changes.

- The launcher says nothing except that it's a beta pack which is false according to a post on this forum
- The website stays true to its reputation of being useless by not even acknowledging the existence of the DW20 1.6.4 pack
- The "Modpack and Launcher News" forum has nothing recent on DW20
- The "Mod Pack Changelogs" post for DW20 is 3 months old and concerns 1.0.5

So, where are the infos? Is there any plans to have a decent forum of communication from the team because situations like this always happen. Information should be in one place and obsolete materiel must be taken care of.

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Changelogs will come when they come. @VikeStep gets the logs out when he can. Understand that the FTB team does this as volunteers and around their life.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why the pack would be updated without even having a changelog first, a news or something. Anyway, where will this be posted? All the places I mentioned above were already obsolete long before this update. This is not a new problem, it's always like this with every pack.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I don't understand why the pack would be updated without even having a changelog first, a news or something...This is not a new problem, it's always like this.

This is because the FTB team is a group of volunteers (and extremely hardworking ones at that) from several different time zones. There will be delay due to the time zone difference and due to it being several different people working on it.

And here's the link: https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Public Modpack Listings

Edit: The changelog (a basic one at least) is already up there for DW20.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
That changelog has been live for the last week or so.

I feel that you are complaining about the lack of FTB Changelogs because you couldn't find them. let me show you all the places you could've found them:
  • Go to Modpack Changelogs section: Look at the locked post labelled "Changelog Site"
  • Google "FTB Changelogs", look at the 3rd and 4th link (The 1st link takes you to the Modpack Changelogs section)
  • View the FTB News tab in your launcher, the changelogs are linked to frequently in there such as the Monster 1.1.0 and Horizons 2.1.0 update
  • Go to the Feed the Beast Twitter account. Almost every time I release a Changelog I tweet about it and the FTB Team retweets it.
  • I also frequently post the changelogs on the /r/feedthebeast subreddit.
Just look a little harder next time instead of complaining please

Last edited:

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so look everywhere but on the website, got it thanks.
Woah, strong sarcasm you got there. Remember that FTB is a bunch of volunteers making this stuff for free and that we should be grateful. Even if you're not grateful, you only need to wait for a couple of days at most for VikeStep to update the changelogs. I'm sure you have the patience to wait during that time right?
On a slightly more serious note, this problem has been addressed multiple time across multiple forum threads and posts. It's not necessarily Vikestep's fault for not posting changelogs where you want them. It's your fault for not staying in contact with the forums enough in order to know where the changelogs actually are.

Reactions: Padfoote