COFH WorldCustomGen.txt - HALP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
So, I wanted to edit the world gen config for monster, and I got kinda scared when I saw all the settings. I didn't panic and read them through, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set up my ore gen. Anyone mind telling me the format?

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Dont worry, follow the steps and you'll be done with your custom oregen :D (Excuse me if i make grammatical errors, my english is not the best)

1- Disable normal generation of the ore you want to custom generate, BE SURE THAT DISABLING THE GENERATION DOESNT DISABLE THE ORE ITSELF
2- Log to the game, go to NEI and look for the ore, write down the id (This is because some mods use shifted id's and the id in the config may end up being other in the game)
3- Go to the only txt in the cofh folder, its worldcustomgen.txt and use this:

UNIFORM name x y a b c d true/false

be sure to use TAB instead of space and fill the values with this:

Name (The name of the ore, its for being able to recognize it youself, it doesnt have any impact in game and it doesnt have to be the exact name)
X Block ID
Y Meta (If a block ID is like this 100:5 then 5 is the metadata, if there is no metadata and its only 100 leave this value in 0)
A is how much ores per vein
B is how many veins per chunk
C Is the lower Y axis value that the vein can spawn on
D is the higher Y axis value
True/false is the retrogen (If the ore will spawn in a already created world)

so for example my Sulfur ore from icbm

UNIFORM oreSulfurICBM1 3880 0 5 5 10 20 true

has an item id of 3880 with no metada and will spawn 5 veins of 5 ores in everychunk, beetween Y10 and Y20, and ive put it after creation so i turned retrogen on.

Then, when you're done configuring your ore, and again, REMEMBER to use tab instead of space to separate values, close your worldcustomgen.txt (save first :p) and launch the game, first, it will load the custom line into the CFG, close the game and relaunch, now the game will take the info from the cfg and the ore will start spawning :D

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
its really simple. you need to know ore block id and put it in this form.

Example:
Code:
#UNIFORM    oreTest    1337    0    15    8    10    64    true
oreTest=name of the ore,in this case named oreTest
1337=ore block id
0=ore metadata (if it has one , if not then leave 0)
15=num. of clusters/vein per one chunk
8=num. of ores per cluster/vein
10=min Y where ore can spawn
64=max Y where ore can spawn
true=retrogen (true/false)

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't recommend messing with modpack configs configured by the FTB Team unless you know what you're doing. Plus it kind of goes against what the modpack creator made it to be.
But if you're confident and sure then go ahead! :)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't recommend messing with modpack configs configured by the FTB Team unless you know what you're doing. Plus it kind of goes against what the modpack creator made it to be.
But if you're confident and sure then go ahead! :)
I say do not listen and change to your hearts content. Basically do what @Vasa said. Also this is not meant to be a personal attack

Reactions: Vasa

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Then you must be much more experienced than me! :)
Well its not that hard if you try to read carefully.These days everything is allready written , you just need to change numbers or do true/false. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1395694032][/DOUBLEPOST]
Haven't u seen his face? Look at that picture, that star is experience in itself man! Look at his single tooth.. Wisdom. Pure Fucking 101% ass kicking wisdom.
102% experience is in my tooth.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Well its not that hard if you try to read carefully.These days everything is allready written , you just need to change numbers or do true/false. ;)
It's the amount of stress and complication with all the text that ruins me, all that handling and monitoring and bug fixing is just too much lol.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
It's the amount of stress and complication with all the text that ruins me, all that handling and monitoring and bug fixing is just too much lol.

Well, I'd recommend that you write in an external TXT all the changes you've made to the default configurations, that way you don't have to monitor anything and know exactly whats going on and when you update you know exactly what to do.. Leave bug fix to eyemaz, thats what we pay him for..

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'd recommend that you write in an external TXT all the changes you've made to the default configurations, that way you don't have to monitor anything and know exactly whats going on and when you update you know exactly what to do.. Leave bug fix to eyemaz, thats what we pay him for..
That is a good suggestion, though would it be worth it?
Anyway, I've had my try at modpacking making and it isn't for me, helping on these forums are suiting me fine though. :)

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
That is a good suggestion, though would it be worth it?

Well, its not that big of a deal, just copy paste the change you made and add the name of the config.. Maybe for people that dont change much is not really necesary but for me, every time there is an update i have to change 15 to 16 files, and some have more than 10 lines i have to change so its imposible to remember and breaking worlds is a bad thing :p I tend to change a lot the packs, for instance, in my monster pack i've removed 16 mods and added almost 30 :p so yeah.. For me is hard to keep in mind everything.. And if you start changing configs you will see how good your gameplay becomes, as it starts suiting you and only you, which in the end is only a matter of how much fun do you want to have with your pack :p

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Well, its not that big of a deal, just copy paste the change you made and add the name of the config.. Maybe for people that dont change much is not really necesary but for me, every time there is an update i have to change 15 to 16 files, and some have more than 10 lines i have to change so its imposible to remember and breaking worlds is a bad thing :p I tend to change a lot the packs, for instance, in my monster pack i've removed 16 mods and added almost 30 :p so yeah.. For me is hard to keep in mind everything.. And if you start changing configs you will see how good your gameplay becomes, as it starts suiting you and only you, which in the end is only a matter of how much fun do you want to have with your pack :p
How do you get that many mods to work together, when I attempted to create a modpack I had a huge amount of trouble with mod incompatibility, ID conflicts, general other mod requirements etc.
:)

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get that many mods to work together, when I attempted to create a modpack I had a huge amount of trouble with mod incompatibility, ID conflicts, general other mod requirements etc.
If you check carefully then you should be fine. Also, ID Conflicts aren't too hard. I dot hem by hand but some reccomend IdFixMinus.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019

By doing manual config :3 Mod incompatibility.. As long as they are forge mods, they will all be compatible, im yet to find a mod incompatibility (Except the common sense ones like changing world generation twice :p). For Id conflicts, log to your minecraft instance, go to nei and in the options use the ID dump, so you know what Id's are free, then when you have an ID conflict you just go that list and check where are the empty spaces and change for those.. For the requirements.. You just install the requirements :p is not that hard, if you start trying you will learn in less than an hour :3 And if you have any problem you can always come to forums and ask for help :D

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
By doing manual config :3 Mod incompatibility.. As long as they are forge mods, they will all be compatible, im yet to find a mod incompatibility (Except the common sense ones like changing world generation twice :p). For Id conflicts, log to your minecraft instance, go to nei and in the options use the ID dump, so you know what Id's are free, then when you have an ID conflict you just go that list and check where are the empty spaces and change for those.. For the requirements.. You just install the requirements :p is not that hard, if you start trying you will learn in less than an hour :3 And if you have any problem you can always come to forums and ask for help :D
And the IDConflicts.txt in the installation folder