Thermal expansion FULL config file

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

I would like to customize the ore spawning in my server (remove aluminium and increase tin for example... im tired of branchmining at level 35 for tin and filling my bags with aluminium which has no use)

im fine with tweaking the configs, but i would need a complete one (one that has all the ores and not just the 5 in the current one).

Is there such a thing anywhere? i checked the TE wiki with no success.

Thank you!

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
in the config folder the thermalexpansion config is in the cofh folder.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Mero, that file does not have config entries for aluminium for example, i would like to tweak all available metals, not just the 4 or 5 currently shown in the config.

noah: Yeah, but the cans seems to not be usable in many places....

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Mero, that file does not have config entries for aluminium for example, i would like to tweak all available metals, not just the 4 or 5 currently shown in the config.

They can hold just about any liquid to transport around. Usable in anything from Forestry, Buildcraft... heck, I think even IC2 stuff.

Lava cans to put into geothermal generators. Biomass cans to power your biogas engines. Water cans to make Bog Earth with until you get your apiaries going. Plenty of things to do with them.

There's also apparently a recipe for aluminum torches as well, which are basically aluminum wrapped around a sulfur torch. Seems to be a new type of light source, might want to check it out.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019

Thermal Expansion does not control Aluminum. That's Xycraft.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

How, praytell, would you be able to do this from within the config file of a mod that doesn't spawn the ore you want to control?

XyCraft spawns aluminium, not Thermal Expansion.
Redpower spawns nikolite, not Thermal Expansion.
GregTech spawns ferrous ore, not Thermal Expansion.
And so on, and so forth.

Asking Thermal Expansion to change how these ores are spawned is akin to asking a cook in Russia to change the color of palm tree leaves in Indonesia. He's just going to look at you funny and tell you to lay off the vodka.

Thermal Expansion can only change the spawn rates of the ores it spawns itself. That is, its own versions of copper, tin, silver and lead. Not Forestry copper, not IC2 tin, not Redpower silver - only its very own ores. Now, as a special bonus, Thermal Expansion can spawn vanilla ores in addition to vanilla spawn rates. This could conceivably be added for other non-TE ores as well, but it would always only be able to generate bonus ore in addition to what's already present, and it would not be able to change at what height the bonus ores would spawn.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Herp derp, watch me get wires crossed in my head :confused: Probably happened because I tend to associate nickel with GregTech only...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Xycraft ore spawning is overkill. One of the reasons I disabled it.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Xycraft ore spawning is overkill. One of the reasons I disabled it.
You could also simply remove it by clicking 'edit mods' going to the mods tab and getting rid of it. Then you don't have to worry about it. Might cause some problems if you've already created your world, though. Good if you just want to start fresh.