Quick levelling in Ars Magica 2 ?

Van_Tastic

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm at level 30 right now and the main way I used to get this far is by using the Self+Regeneration spell, which gives approx. 24 points per spell. But as levels get higher, I find it takes a lot of time to level up. So is there a more efficient way to level up ? And thanks !

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
A simple, Self, Life Tap, Heal Is pretty good, otherwise there is no "Easy" way to do it, just use your spells.

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
A Touch Dig spell does pretty well if you use it regularly, I use one for anything I can and level up pretty quickly. Also doesn't boost up Life affinity, which can be pretty annoying if you don't play peaceful

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
A Touch Dig spell does pretty well if you use it regularly, I use one for anything I can and level up pretty quickly. Also doesn't boost up Life affinity, which can be pretty annoying if you don't play peaceful
Yet life affinity is also REALLY useful outside of peaceful if you are prone to taking damage while not able to benefit from hunger healing. And everyone is all like "Oh noes, if I cast too many spells I get weaknesses that are minor compared to the benefits!" and I'm all like "Ender Affinity is lame, but isn't worth complianing about even for me. Life is great, but it applies a annoying debuff when I kill something, oh well, after I kill stuff I'll just cast dispel again".

All affinities are double edged swords, and earth has some weaksauce downsides.
Hi,

I'm at level 30 right now and the main way I used to get this far is by using the Self+Regeneration spell, which gives approx. 24 points per spell. But as levels get higher, I find it takes a lot of time to level up. So is there a more efficient way to level up ? And thanks !
Other then casting only when at 0 burnout? Bigger spells, for one(well, stronger spells). Most spells that cost more mana to cast are great for leveling up, but are not as easy to cast as often(due to higher amounts of mana being a minor pain to regenerate).

Also Touch - Dig is kinda lame, get Projectile - Dig if you can, or Touch - Growth, which REALLY should level you up if used correctly.

Van_Tastic

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. I'll try the different combinations and see which one yields the most exp. One other question though, I read in the wiki that there are Mage Villagers that you can trade with, but I visited 10+ villages so far and I am yet to see one. Are the AM2 villagers that rare ? And if I breed vanilla villagers would I end up with a Mage villager ?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. I'll try the different combinations and see which one yields the most exp. One other question though, I read in the wiki that there are Mage Villagers that you can trade with, but I visited 10+ villages so far and I am yet to see one. Are the AM2 villagers that rare ? And if I breed vanilla villagers would I end up with a Mage villager ?
I doubt it. They don't seem to exist anymore. Likely due to the fact that they only sold spell recipes, which you could only find in old mage ruins, occasionally by killing mobs, or trading for them.
Now they're a remnant of a bygone era. Kinda like the Essence Pouch, really. It used to allow you to save inventory space by holding a couple stacks of spare essence for spellcasting. You used to need them for certain spells. Many spells needed an essence of some kind when cast at augmented capacity, one or two needed some at even normal and diminished.
Now it's pretty much useless. You don't need essences to cast any spell AFAIK, you need 'em to craft some things, and some spell aspects.
Also what Wiki? Might need some SERIOUS updating. Unless it was for AM1, in which case, you're doing it wrong.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I usually level up the fastest (and least boring) by getting some semi-decent projectile damage spell and go on adventure.

Van_Tastic

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it was the AM1 wiki, my bad. Still, if you do a search for "Mage villager" in NEI you can find a spawn egg and a crystal phylactery, so he might still be in the game.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I know, right! We totally should go on one sometime! Now that Blood Magic works with GalaticCraft I was gonna install GC2 again and get ready to go to the moon.
I'm more of a mainland/mainlandish adventurer. I enjoy conquering castles and pirate ships from Better Dungeons, everything in Twilight Forest, etc. I tried Galacticraft once, but I just went to the moon, leld at the Creepers in space suits, then went and built a space station.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'm more of a mainland/mainlandish adventurer. I enjoy conquering castles and pirate ships from Better Dungeons, everything in Twilight Forest, etc. I tried Galacticraft once, but I just went to the moon, leld at the Creepers in space suits, then went and built a space station.
Honestly, same here, but still, THE MOON! We could put on the Ducktales Moon Level music and everything!
Aw man, I'ma go listen to my favorite remix of it. Called "Harden the Duck Up", by norg, over on OC Remix.

Oh right, I'm totally going to have this played at my funeral. Can't think of a better song, except maybe "The Day Pat Murphy Died".

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, same here, but still, THE MOON! We could put on the Ducktales Moon Level music and everything!
Aw man, I'ma go listen to my favorite remix of it. Called "Harden the Duck Up", by norg, over on OC Remix.

Oh right, I'm totally going to have this played at my funeral. Can't think of a better song, except maybe "The Day Pat Murphy Died".
http://sailtothemoon.ytmnd.com/

C

csevrence

Hi,

Playing Simply magic pack. Manalink(the one that doubles your mana) cast on self seems to give a guaranteed 20 exp (currently I'm level 90) if cast every 3 seconds. it uses no mana and you gain affinity in arcane. This is great if you make arcane offensive spells. I know this post is a bit late but I'm sure it will reach someone eventually.

Reactions: Zax1mus
Z

Zax1mus

Playing Simply magic pack. Manalink(the one that doubles your mana) cast on self seems to give a guaranteed 20 exp (currently I'm level 90) if cast every 3 seconds. it uses no mana and you gain affinity in arcane. This is great if you make arcane offensive spells. I know this post is a bit late but I'm sure it will reach someone eventually.
It reached, thank you!