Morph - Flight seems a bit op..

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely great ideas!
Is it possible this could be re implemented into modpacks?
Also, how would this work with ender dragons and such?
Anyway, you might want to tell @iChun! :)

already suggested things like this before, but iichun seems to not really take suggestions from others.
which is fine and all since it's his mod.

things I've suggested before for his mods were for example adding certain effects to the hats mod when wearing hats.
also adding tiered hats, the easy mobs have the simple hats which don't really give good effects, but the more harder mobs wear harder to get hats, but with much much better effects.
you can collect more of the same hat, which you could then trade with other players for their hats.

or a suggestion to combine Sync and Morph, allowing you to use the morphs from Morph, but only through Sync. where you need to set up a constructor, supply the DNA of the Morph you want, and add your own blood. power it up and it'll generate the Morph's body. if you then go inside a shell storage, you can select your Morph and use it. the only way to go back to your normal body is to go back into the shell storage and selecting your original body again.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
already suggested things like this before, but iichun seems to not really take suggestions from others.
which is fine and all since it's his mod.

things I've suggested before for his mods were for example adding certain effects to the hats mod when wearing hats.
also adding tiered hats, the easy mobs have the simple hats which don't really give good effects, but the more harder mobs wear harder to get hats, but with much much better effects.
you can collect more of the same hat, which you could then trade with other players for their hats.

or a suggestion to combine Sync and Morph, allowing you to use the morphs from Morph, but only through Sync. where you need to set up a constructor, supply the DNA of the Morph you want, and add your own blood. power it up and it'll generate the Morph's body. if you then go inside a shell storage, you can select your Morph and use it. the only way to go back to your normal body is to go back into the shell storage and selecting your original body again.
I thought of a slightly more devious system where you trap the morph in a shell storage and scan/extract its DNA to imbue yourself with.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone actually read his plans to balance Morph? They're very well thought out and and not just a nerf to all the things. It actually makes sense and would be fun (not !FUN!).

If not here: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1vhu4i/

I've read it before, but I don't really like the part where you need to wait for a random event to happen before you can progress into the mod
because what if you were to afk somewhere in the world, come back and go back to your base, and not realize the event has happened...
or what if you've to wait days and days for the event to happen...

I also don't like that a mob and entity will spawn which you need to kill to obtain the morphing skills... as I don't know how this will work out on a server.
what if a player decides to hog the entity and mob to him or herself, and not share with the rest of the server?

the ideas are not bad, but I guess everyone has their own idea on how it should be done.
but again, it's his mod and he has the choice of what to do with it

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I
I've read it before, but I don't really like the part where you need to wait for a random event to happen before you can progress into the mod
because what if you were to afk somewhere in the world, come back and go back to your base, and not realize the event has happened...
or what if you've to wait days and days for the event to happen...

I also don't like that a mob and entity will spawn which you need to kill to obtain the morphing skills... as I don't know how this will work out on a server.
what if a player decides to hog the entity and mob to him or herself, and not share with the rest of the server?

the ideas are not bad, but I guess everyone has their own idea on how it should be done.
but again, it's his mod and he has the choice of what to do with it
The Meteor would only hit around active players, not ones that are AFK

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I

The Meteor would only hit around active players, not ones that are AFK

I'd like it more if there would actually be some kind of ritual to summon the meteor...
perhaps a summoning altar made out of certain blocks, in a certain biome at a certain time

and if you're on a server you could make it so the ritual requires a certain amount of players who are online to participate in the ritual.
perhaps you could also make the ritual repeatable, at an increasing cost, to prevent a few users of hogging the whole mod

but I always prefer a mod to be something 1 player can start with without requiring others, or requiring RNG to continue

Reactions: kaovalin

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like it more if there would actually be some kind of ritual to summon the meteor...
perhaps a summoning altar made out of certain blocks, in a certain biome at a certain time

and if you're on a server you could make it so the ritual requires a certain amount of players who are online to participate in the ritual.
perhaps you could also make the ritual repeatable, at an increasing cost, to prevent a few users of hogging the whole mod

but I always prefer a mod to be something 1 player can start with without requiring others, or requiring RNG to continue
Hmmmm, maybe after the meteor was summoned? It seems important to iChun that the meteor is random, but perhaps after it has fallen once?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm, maybe after the meteor was summoned? It seems important to iChun that the meteor is random, but perhaps after it has fallen once?

perhaps... he could still have the meteor be RNG, but allow the player to choose the area it'll land in... imagine having the damn thing crash into the middle of the ocean...

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps... he could still have the meteor be RNG, but allow the player to choose the area it'll land in... imagine having the damn thing crash into the middle of the ocean...
But it would also be obvious where it crashes and will only crash around players. Did you read the entire suggestion?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Some of us are deep underground or high in the sky above voids. Random meteors are only great when people play like you play.
I am usually underground, but from my understanding it would only crash in the Overworld, sothe void would not be affected and underground you can just go to the surface.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
But it would also be obvious where it crashes and will only crash around players. Did you read the entire suggestion?
Some of us are deep underground or high in the sky above voids. Random meteors are only great when people play like you play.

pretty much this. some people enjoy living underground, some enjoy living in the skies, some build an underwate base and some live whoknowswhere

and even if you're not living at those places, what if you were travelling around the world and the meteor decides to crash down thousands of miles from where anyone lives?

Shadow_Lykos

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'm using the 1.6.4 Direwolf mod pack and I'm having trouble with the morphs mod. I've killed a bat, but when I morph into it, I can't fly. There isn't the little bird icon in the corner when I'm in the morphs menu either. I've been able to fly in the magic world 2 mod pack, but not in the direwolf one. I haven't messed with the mod's config so anyone have any ideas what may be wrong with it or any to fix it?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Alright, I'm using the 1.6.4 Direwolf mod pack and I'm having trouble with the morphs mod. I've killed a bat, but when I morph into it, I can't fly. There isn't the little bird icon in the corner when I'm in the morphs menu either. I've been able to fly in the magic world 2 mod pack, but not in the direwolf one. I haven't messed with the mod's config so anyone have any ideas what may be wrong with it or any to fix it?

Go to the Nether first.

Reactions: RealSketch

LunaticMiner

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having some odd problems from Morph. For example, the mob disguise isn't working (just realized that's probably because i've been doing it in full view of hostile mobs XD) and my friend can't fly as a Blaze.