Sorting between enchanted gear and not..

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Long story short ...

I have a cursed earth spawner that's producing an INSANE amount of stuff.

The problem I'm encountering is the gear that the monsters drop. I'm using itemducts with metadata off to pull them out, and throw them into a MFR disenchanter, and that's working a treat.

However as you know, mobs also drop unenchanted stuff, that I want to throw directly into a trash can.

Is there any way to distinguish between the two?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Don't know if it'll work, but can you filter it by the NBT data and have that detect enchants?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I know that AEs ME network will differentiate between an unenchanted piece of gear and thenthe gear with any kind of enchants. So if you for example use a fuzzy bus to export enchanted items, it will export the said item with ANY kind of enchant, but not export the item if it doesn't have any enchants.

I used it in the past to store unenchanted items for use in TC3 for essences, and then recycling all the enchanted items.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If I understand it correctly, NBT stores additional data. I believe that enchants fall under this section, so filtering by it may work.
Yeah don't really understand it either, but I think its some sort of array where all the info of things like enchants, on/of states, charge levels, and all kind of other information about items that is not stored in the item ID or "sub ID". (XX:xx)

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
So essentially, telling it to take note of NBT, would mean having to whitelist every possible enchant on the gear ...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So essentially, telling it to take note of NBT, would mean having to whitelist every possible enchant on the gear ...
By most sorting means yes(including itemducts). Only exception I know of is the ME fuzzy bus as I mentioned. You can tell it to sort items that has this specific NBT data(lets say enchant data), but it will not sort by specific data. So lets say it works like an array and enchants are determined by the number in position 4 in the array. The ME fuzzy bus can then sort by telling the difference if position 4 doesn't exist(no enchants) or there is something(any enchant) in position 4. But the fuzzy bus will not be able to tell the difference between if it is an A or B enchant in position 4 in the array.

A ME precise bus will however tell the difference between A and B enchants.

C

chbachman

As a rookie modder, nbt is something I have to deal with often, so I can explain what it is...
And item has 3 types of data stored with it: Id, metadata, and nbt.
Id is a number normally used to differentiate between items! such as the difference between a stone pick and a iron pick.
Metadata is another number used to store data on the item as well, such as the difference between a damaged iron pick, and a repaired iron pick, the number determines the amount of damage on it.

Nbt is the most versatile sort of data. It can store an infinite amount of data, ( of course taking into account the amount of space on the computer, but that's beside the point), so an item can have a lot more data than just 2 numbers such as a string with the name of the enchant, or a string with a custom name.

So nbt defines stuff like enchants, modifiers on tinkers tools, the lore of a item, special names that item might have, or anything other than damage basically.

I hope you can understand that, I tried my best to keep it free from programming jargon.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
MFR has an enchantment router, which technically should work. For example, if you want to separate enchanted chestplates from non-enchanted ones, I guess you could put books with all armor enchants in one side (unless the GUI has changed since I last tried using it a while ago), books for tool enchants on the rest, and leave one empty.

Reactions: YX33A

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Alright ... finally home.

Time to experiment with your suggestions! I'll report back.