World Crashes then Deletes???!?!!?!?

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
So, it happened again today. This time, my Tinkers Mechworks Drawbridges were no longer receiving power. The system for them has been working up until now, but that's not the point. Anyways...

I have a lever powering a Signal Terminal (TiMech) that is connected to a Signal Bus (TiMech) that then connects to three Drawbridges (TiMech) that are facing down. The Drawbridges are camouflaged to look like Stone Brick and used Clear Glass (TiCon) for the door. This time, the lever wasn't activating the Drawbridges, so I broke them and replaced them. Nothing changed. So I took down the Terminal at the lever, and all was fine, but then I used a TiCon Pickaxe to break the Signal bus. Immediately, I saw the breaking particles of the Signal Bus and then my Minecraft window closed. World is gone again. I have a VERY recent backup this time, but this has to be fixed. Its kinda ridiculous.

So here's the crash log: http://pastebin.com/nGVmwrfM

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like you have 4Gb of memory on you computer and have set Minecraft to use max 4Gb also, this might be your problem. Lower max memory to 2Gb and see if that stops the crashing.

By looking the log, there are memory usage related errors...

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
I have 8GB of RAM. It's brand new. I set FTB to use half of it. I know better than to use ALL of my RAM, as I don't want the rest of my PC to have none to work with. I guess it could just need more memory, but wow that's a lot. I guess I'll try setting it to 5 total and see how it does.

And as far as the "processing 2500 packets, x number still left to go" my old Macbook Pro used to have that all the time. It didn't crash NEARLY as often, and it never deleted a level.dat file when it did.

maserati29

Jul 29, 2019
Wait can you guys tell me how to replace me level.data files and how to get to them to get my world back? I don't know how to do that :/

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
Look in another world (whether you make a new one or use an old one) and copy the level.dat from that world. Paste it into the folder for the world that crashed/deleted and you should be good to go.

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
First you have to find the Feed the Beast folder where all of your FTB files are stored. Mine is on the desktop. MY file path would be C:\Users\SenorColeTrain\Desktop\Feed the Beast\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\saves\Twitch Stream World\level.dat
The level.dat at the end is the file you are looking for. I could take the level.dat from my Single Player Test world by looking in C:\Users\SenorColeTrain\Desktop\Feed the Beast\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\saves\Single Player Test World and finding the level.dat file from there. Then you copy and paste the level.dat from the working world to the non-working world.

Keep in mind, I am not responsible for you moving files around. Not being rude, just don't want to be blamed. If you feel the instructions aren't clear, just let me know, and/or message me for help.

maserati29

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 questions; For the level.data, i found 2 in my old singleplayer world folder named level.dat_old and level.dat_mcr. which one do i copy paste. And where do i copy paste the level.data and do i copy paste the whole thing?

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
I have 8GB of RAM. It's brand new. I set FTB to use half of it. I know better than to use ALL of my RAM, as I don't want the rest of my PC to have none to work with. I guess it could just need more memory, but wow that's a lot. I guess I'll try setting it to 5 total and see how it does.

And as far as the "processing 2500 packets, x number still left to go" my old Macbook Pro used to have that all the time. It didn't crash NEARLY as often, and it never deleted a level.dat file when it did.
Im running MC set using max 2Gb of memory (my system has 8Gb), without any problems! Giving too much memory is also bad thing, try lowering it to 2Gb.

Also, do you have 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
Byte Templar: I saw it using a little over 2GB sporadically, but it usually stays around 1. I will try using 3 and see how it works out. Just saying though, Unleashed is LESS intensive on my RAM and processor and has no problems.

active diamond

Jul 29, 2019
ive been having a lot of crashed on the dire pack too allready lost 3worlds and this is the third i had just made a new 1k storage cell for my system got a nice power fist and was going mining i was very low on ressources so i got a sword insted of installing anything on my power fist and went to throw it into my arcane reconstructer where it just crashed i cant find the world in my saves even so any ideas what happend?
log;http://pastebin.com/NPdAjeMh

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
ive been having a lot of crashed on the dire pack too allready lost 3worlds and this is the third i had just made a new 1k storage cell for my system got a nice power fist and was going mining i was very low on ressources so i got a sword insted of installing anything on my power fist and went to throw it into my arcane reconstructer where it just crashed i cant find the world in my saves even so any ideas what happend?
log;http://pastebin.com/NPdAjeMh

Remove hats and hat stand mods.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
If the world folder is still there in the /saves/ folder, then it's possible to recover the world, if at the loss of your inventory.

Here's the steps to follow:
1.Make a new world
2.Enter the world and leave
3.Go to your saves folder of that particular pack
4.Copy your level.dat FROM the new world TO the old world and replace it.
5.Delete the new world.

6.Enter the old one and go to Cheat Mode on NEI and give your items back.

Unfortunately, we don't know the cause of why this is happening. Do you happen to have the crash logs from these crashes? Anything to help us track this down would be great.
THIS is super helpful information, many thanks. I had a similar experience, by the way, may or may not be related to the OP's issue. http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/world-corruption-dw20-1-0-16-likely-binnies-mods.41965/

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK