Am I correct in assuming TC and GT still don't mesh well with one another?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Not really interested in the why it is that way, but I was wondering if anyone does use the two mods in unison with one another, or if you basically have to pick one, or the other? If you do use both, how did you finally get them to work?

I love both mods, and if it were possible, I'd like to use them, but I don't know how to configure them, and I know there is no "official" support given for it, so I am hoping someone here can help :)

B

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
They work together- meaning your .jar will run just fine.
(There was only 1 version of Gtech that didn't work)​

Just note 2 things;
Mdyo and Greg (+related forums, ftb staff ect) won't offer any help with tech support if you stick them both in.
Both authors request that you don't build modpacks with both mods in.

Config- be careful with replicate config options; both Gtech and Tic have options for AFK hunger, vanilla tools, wood yield ect

Reactions: Padfoote and YX33A

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
TPPI has both in it.

GregTech automatically creates recipes for manyullyn/cobalt/ardite bolts and washers and other bits and pieces if you do this. What you'd build with these pieces is a mystery.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
They work togheter. Simple as that.

Gotcha.

They work together- meaning your .jar will run just fine.
(There was only 1 version of Gtech that didn't work)​

Just note 2 things;
Mdyo and Greg (+related forums, ftb staff ect) won't offer any help with tech support if you stick them both in.
Both authors request that you don't build modpacks with both mods in.

Config- be careful with replicate config options; both Gtech and Tic have options for AFK hunger, vanilla tools, wood yield ect

I know there is no "official help" but it's good to see there are others that use both. Perhaps they may be able to help. I'm just an idiot with these things unless I know what I'm doing.

When I try to launch the game with both in it, the game crashes due to a GT related conflict (item maybe?) I think. Problem is it doesn't write nothing to the idconflicts.txt file, the client just shutdowns and generates the crash file, which I have here >> http://pastebin.com/LemT7j90 .

It's currently version 4.08s. Not sure if I snagged a wrong version, or what the conflict could be. I've tried the custom GT configs available people have posted here on the website, but the crashes still result, so I deleted those and put the default back ones back in.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Its an item/block ID conflict- change conflicting ID to an unused value.

Make a backup of your old .jar/configs/worlds ect...

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!! Below is how to fix it.
  1. One of the GregTech-Items got overloaded. Check the ID-Config of the Mod you just installed or updated for Conflicts mentioned in the ForgeModLoader0.log with 'CONFLICT @'. That is an Item-ID-Conflict! Don't bother ANY Modauthor with that, we won't help you with that at all! Also if you are one of the very few Idiots, who can't read this (I'm not assuming you are that stupid Person, ID-Conflicts can happen to everyone), then don't f***ing go to my Thread and complain!!! Yes, that rage was fully justified, as I got a bunch of Idiots already. Note: This is an ID-Conflict Error in 100% of the cases and is 100% Failproof. If this Message appears to you then YOU HAVE AN ID-CONFLICT, no matter if you believe it or not, there IS A F***ING ID-CONFLICT AND YOU HAVE TO LOOK INTO ALL CONFIGS TO RESOLVE IT, and by ALL CONFIGS I also mean the GregTech ID-Config, because it can conflict with itself aswell!

^This is why Greg is awesome.