Good World Save Backup Mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

IDave_the_Rave

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing the most recent Direwolf20 mod pack for a few days now, and last night whilst playing my client suddenly closed and when I went back on, my world did not appear in the world list. I checked the save folder and the world is still there, I'm not sure what happened but dragging in the level.dat from another world seemed to work, although I did have to use NEI to get my inventory back (luckily I had just set it up to go mining, so I didn't have random things lying in there). I feel that it would be a good idea to use a world backup mod, but I don't know of any for Minecraft 1.6.4. Can anybody help?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Forge Essentials I believe would fit the bill.. not sure as I just make a copy and zip it up before I start each session and do it about every 2 hours or so.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
this, this and so many times this if you're playing singeplayer.
I love this mod so much, as it allows for automated backups, manual backups and you can actually revert to a backup ingame... INGAME!! that's amazing
Sweet, I am just been doing manual backups but this mod could be very useful.

I don't know why packs don't include a world backup mod even if it's disabled.

IDave_the_Rave

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'm using it now, seems pretty cool. Although I'm not sure if I'd still be able to save my world if the same error occurred again.

I prefer ServerTools. It has all the same features, but also works for both MP and SP.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1835347-164-forge-server-tools/

Thanks, I might use this if after testing WorldStateCheckpoints I discover that it doesn't work if level.dat disappears.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Thread is over a year old and asking about mods for 1.6.4. 1.9 packs are in development now. Just saying...