Need help with Twilight Forest ???

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
So I explored a bunch of the Twilight Forest but I know nearly nothing about it except some secret chests found in some tall trees with a spider spawner in it and that to never ever adventure myself in any kind of tower cause no matter what armor I'm wearing the monsters seems to hurt me pretty bad like I wasn't wearing any kind of protection, and I can't hit any of them even with the most powerful sword I could create or the most powerful bow I could bring with me, seems like they have a cheat invincible mod on them.

My main concern is I'm starting to build a base in a giant set of mushrooms that are in a awesome biome, the main mushroom of the lot goes up to level 132 which is awesome, but I need to be able to tell were mobs could spawn in my base, and the damn F7 key doesn't work in the Twilight Forest, works #1 in the Nether, in the Overworld, in The End and in any Mystcraft ages, but not in the Twilight Forest, so is there any good mod that would show me were the mobs can spawn in the Twilight Forest.

And 2nd, what kind of weapons and armor do I need, Tinkers tools seem to do no damage to them and my most awesome Modular Powersuit doesn't protect me very much either...

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't the reason you do not get the red Xs on the ground in the Twilight Forest is precisely because it is constantly twilight there? As such the level of light on the surface prevents mobs from spawning full stop?

I'll have to check if pressing F7 indicates Xs in areas other than the surface. Will check back in.

Reactions: RedBoss

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The general environment of the TF is pretty safe. It's only when you go into those towers, dark forests, etc that you'll get mobs. It's the only place they can spawn. Any structure you build will need to be lit up, as like a void age, mobs will spawn there due to limited areas to spawn.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
You could also make a Magnum torch which stops mob spawns in what I believe is a 64x64 area around it.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
F7 works fine in the twilight. My last portal spawned my in a giant mushroom village and I used F7 to ensure the area around my spawn was lite up. The mushrooms cast enough shadows to allow mobs to spawn under them.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
I've checked again, and my F7 doesn't work in the Mushrooms area where my new base is located, but when I go back to the overworld, it works #1, I see the red and yellow X flashing rapidly in the Twilight Forest then they disappear out of nowhere...

Now for the best armor and weapons choice, anyone can give me a clue about it, those mobs are clearly invulnerable, I've killed ender dragon and a couple of Wither and the health bar move when you hit them, but nothing I could do to the mobs in the tower of the Twilight Forest, the health bar doesn't move at all...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The lich boss in the tower requires different tactics instead of just smack with a sword until dead. Only one thing can hurt it, and it's got something to do with it's minions.

Reactions: RedBoss

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The lich boss in the tower requires different tactics instead of just smack with a sword until dead. Only one thing can hurt it, and it's got something to do with it's minions.
You are thinking of the phase where you have to bounce the enderballs back to damage the Lich's shield. Just stand well back, point at the Lich and keep clicking with your sword. The shots from the Lich and his 2 minions should with some luck be blocked back towards the Lich. Once his shield is down he can be damaged, but also spawn loads of zombies.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So this is the kind of boss you won't be able to solo fight, its like in WoW and we need to raid it to knock him down ???
It all depend on your armour. I soloed tons of them, but was usually in full quantum armour :p Shield phase is probably easier alone since all the shots are directed at you and you can easier shoot them back. Can get confusing with multiple people and the boss blinking around.

An enchanted sword of the zephyr is also a welcome addition to deal with the swarm of zombies so you can get at the boss straight away after the shield is down.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Best guess is that the mob is ignoring armor. At a guess, enchantments have an effect, and that's it.