Annoying Thaumcraft Storms are destroying my Creative World.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
How do I disable this? I had a Reactor get struck by lightning from a clear sky and it blew up.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Move to a new place, stop using thaumcraft.
You'll have to wait for the flux to even out though.

100greenmen

Jul 29, 2019
How do I disable this? I had a Reactor get struck by lightning from a clear sky and it blew up.
Two peices of advice. 1: Stay AWAY from tainted nodes. 2: Stay away from node that have been exposed to (a lot of) flux. And what version of thaumcraft are you using? Tc3 takes FOREVER to purge flux from a normal node. If you're using Tc4, then you simply have to find the flux/tainted node, and destroy it. Or just bottle it up and move it.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Using TC3, building on a creative peaceful flat sandstone world with the Biome set to Desert in the chunks I build in and a Command Block setting the time to 7 A.M.. I haven't even used TC3 in that world and as far as I'm concerned, the Flux hasn't been touched.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
You could just have an unstable or dark node in the area give yourself a pair of goggles of revealing an see, it should tell you what the flux is and you should be able to see what nodes you have

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
An unstable or dark node can be producing flux of the water or like type, which will at high enough levels produce rain/lightning storms. So yes it could indirectly be the cause. But never heard of rain/lightning storms in a desert before tbh.
Best plan is to find the node and get rid of it(cheat in a stack of silverwood saplings and make a pure node to take it over).