Automating Ender Lilies?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Malloway

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a way to fully automate the planting and harvesting of Ender Lilies? I know Golems will harvest them once fully grown, but they will not plant the seeds back down on the End Stone. Also I'm curious if the Mystcraft page 'Accelerated' works to improve the Lily growth rate?

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Can the gollems replant the crops on regularly tilled soil? I think that Enderlilies can also grow on dirt.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I think that Enderlilies can also grow on dirt.

They're EXTREMELY slow though. I heard somewhere it takes about an in-game month to grow on dirt, and endstone will drop that to about an in-game week.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
the funny thing is, you could test things out, but seeing as it takes an ingame week for them just to mature on end stone it's going to be hard to test it out :p
I think they should be automatable... perhaps using autonomous activators to replant the seeds?

Malloway

Jul 29, 2019
the funny thing is, you could test things out, but seeing as it takes an ingame week for them just to mature on end stone it's going to be hard to test it out :p
I think they should be automatable... perhaps using autonomous activators to replant the seeds?

That's the frustrating part about testing the lilies haha =p But I think I might just do that. I will set up a Accelerated mystcraft age, plant a farm in that, and one in the overworld ... and time how long it takes for them to grow in each world. With the Autonomous Activators, how would you set it up so that only one seed goes in each machine, instead of them all trying to stack randomly in various activators?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That's the frustrating part about testing the lilies haha =p But I think I might just do that. I will set up a Accelerated mystcraft age, plant a farm in that, and one in the overworld ... and time how long it takes for them to grow in each world. With the Autonomous Activators, how would you set it up so that only one seed goes in each machine, instead of them all trying to stack randomly in various activators?

I guess that really depends on what modpack or modlist you're using, as each modpack/modlist has a different set of mods which could control the inventory.
for example if you're using the Direwolf20 pack, I think both logistic pipes or applied energistics could do the trick, it'd be a bit expensive to set up, but atleast then you're sure each activator only has 1 seed.
perhaps you could also do it with golems, though I haven't used them enough to know for sure. I know factorization also has a new servo mechanic to control the inventory, but I never even place one of the servo's down, so I have no clue about that

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly sure that someone did testing and the ender lilies only respond/grow with the changing of the day, so you might try a mystcraft age with a fast sun (unless that's what accelerated does) as for automating I'm with the others, golems should work even if you have to manually set them up(with use golems). You could also try rotarycraft's fans, but no guarantee there.

also just to swat the hyperbole: they take an in game week of 7 days if planted on non endstone and I think it is half that with endstone.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly sure that someone did testing and the ender lilies only respond/grow with the changing of the day, so you might try a mystcraft age with a fast sun (unless that's what accelerated does) as for automating I'm with the others, golems should work even if you have to manually set them up(with use golems). You could also try rotarycraft's fans, but no guarantee there.

also just to swat the hyperbole: they take an in game week of 7 days if planted on non endstone and I think it is half that with endstone.
Accelerated increases Tick Rate, so things that only happen every X ticks happen in like X/2 or something like that. It basically allows for great farm dimensions at the cost of increasing the speed at which decay will eat your world(assuming your world has Decay anyway).

Malloway

Jul 29, 2019
Accelerated increases Tick Rate, so things that only happen every X ticks happen in like X/2 or something like that. It basically allows for great farm dimensions at the cost of increasing the speed at which decay will eat your world(assuming your world has Decay anyway).

So I guess the real question is are Lilies programed to grow via tick rate or sun cycle?

I'm testing right now. At the moment I have lilies planted in the Overworld, in a age with 5x Accelerated pages, and an age with 10x Accelerated pages (instability is of course turned of for testing purposes). So far within 15 min, the lilies in the 5x age are on stage 3 of growth, while the ones in the 10x are on stage 2. (Overworld of course still on stage one)

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
How about a golem to harvest, and a golem to take the seeds and place them in automatous activators? As for the mystcraft thing, well an alternative, have you tried making the Accelerate (maybe zone + aoe or something) spell from Ars Magica 2, and placing that in a caster?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So I guess the real question is are Lilies programed to grow via tick rate or sun cycle?

I'm testing right now. At the moment I have lilies planted in the Overworld, in a age with 5x Accelerated pages, and an age with 10x Accelerated pages (instability is of course turned of for testing purposes). So far within 15 min, the lilies in the 5x age are on stage 3 of growth, while the ones in the 10x are on stage 2. (Overworld of course still on stage one)
The sun is meaningless as it only determines day or night. If it mattered the 10x ones would be ten times further ahead then the overworld, and twice as far ahead as the 5x ones.
(also symbols have a cap, remember, and I think that Accelerated caps out at 3x)[DOUBLEPOST=1390945592][/DOUBLEPOST]
How about a golem to harvest, and a golem to take the seeds and place them in automatous activators? As for the mystcraft thing, well an alternative, have you tried making the Accelerate (maybe zone + aoe or something) spell from Ars Magica 2, and placing that in a caster?
Oh yeah, Zone works great as Accelerate has to be channeled to do anything, and a zone would work great for a bit, but Beam AoE(optional) Accelerate in a Caster would work pretty well if you can mitigate the cost enough to make it manageable. Or have enough energy already coming in that it doesn't matter if it flickers out now and then.

dilznick5

Jul 29, 2019
I must be doing something wrong because my harvest golems do not appear to be grabbing the ender lilies. Cant take a picture right now, at work, but I have them in a plot with other crops, which the golems harvest and replant fine. They dont touch the lilies though.

Should have mentioned, this is on Monster 1.0.7

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I must be doing something wrong because my harvest golems do not appear to be grabbing the ender lilies. Cant take a picture right now, at work, but I have them in a plot with other crops, which the golems harvest and replant fine. They dont touch the lilies though.

Should have mentioned, this is on Monster 1.0.7

Well, I've never automated lilies before, golems were just a best guess on my part since they can harvest most other things.