To post or Not to Post

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Okay everyone, since the last time I talked to everyone on here I have become a little more confident on wanting to make my mod. Now the question that I have is actually a rough one for me come to a decision on.

I would like to get opinions, peoples thoughts to what I want to create. Because, if I am sharing this with everyone, I would like to know what people think about it. I want to have everyone enjoy what they are playing and have some input too. My fear is this tho, I do not want to post something and have the idea stolen, then be targeted as a bad guy for mining product "A" and another John-Doe made product "B" and they have it out before me because I am very new to coding. I am sorry I am going in circles now, here to the point. Can I safely put my idea on the forums, my projects and get advice and input without the fear of someone trying to claim it as their own?

Any and all thoughts, suggestions, criticisms, and opinions are more than welcome here. Thank you all :)

~Zein Out

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
If someone does steal your mod and claim it as they're own, you still have evidence that you had the idea first AND (I'm pretty sure) you can check to see if they've been on this page.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
If someone does steal your mod and claim it as they're own, you still have evidence that you had the idea first AND (I'm pretty sure) you can check to see if they've been on this page.

I like your style Tornado 3019. Indeed, I do understand that after a while ideas will begin to overlap. I do not plan on close sourcing my mod. It will be open to share the love. So people can add their additions and add-ons if they like, and keep the spirit of what sharing and making what you want, alive. I just have a set plan for the structure of the mod is all :)

Reactions: Tornado3019

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Exactly what @Tornado3019 said. If someone claims you stole their mod, you have proof through this thread as well as any discussion thread you create. Although, with the kind of people on these forums, I would say the odds of having to worry about that happening are very slim.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly what @Tornado3019 said. If someone claims you stole their mod, you have proof through this thread as well as any discussion thread you create. Although, with the kind of people on these forums, I would say the odds of having to worry about that happening are very slim.

That is also something I considered Padfoote, the people on here seem very stand up and it makes me happy. I just wished the think about it, out loud if you will. About the possibility, just to get a feel of what peoples thoughts where :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I understand. If you take a look around the forums you'll see that there's been a few other discussion threads for mod planning (This thread and this one come to mind.) It's common, and you'll get some good feedback from it.