Does anyone have some tips for a Wither head farm?

Daved1058

Jul 29, 2019
why a fortress? just do a 9x9 hole in the floor (nether), place the spawner in the center but like 5-6 blocks from the floor and kill them when they spawn.

Don't quote me here but I think They only Spawn in the nether fortress

ttech

Jul 29, 2019
I got a t5 Wither Skeleton Spawner and I have it hooked up where fall and drop into a water stream that pushes them into 7 melee turtles. In my last world(direwolf20 pack) this worked just fine. The turtles killed them and they dropped experience and the occasional wither head, but now in my new world(Ultimate pack) the melee turtles are not killing them at all. They are hitting them and they do appear to be taking damage but never die. I can go in and kill them though. Anyone else having this issue?

Talon Deterro

Jul 29, 2019
Admittedly, farming wither skeletons is one way of getting nether stars, but a much easier way to get them is by way of the following:

1:Obtain a normal gravity gun
2:Activate a twilight portal with a gravi-gun in your inventory. It will now be supercharged.
3:Uncraft the gravity gun, using an uncrafting table, and use a block of glowstone to re-craft it. You should now have a nether star.

This isn't my work, got the idea from here

Hopefully, this helps all those who are after a few nether stars without wanting all the hassle. Seems to work a lot more easily than a wither skeleton farm.

Reactions: Padfoote

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Admittedly, farming wither skeletons is one way of getting nether stars, but a much easier way to get them is by way of the following:

1:Obtain a normal gravity gun
2:Activate a twilight portal with a gravi-gun in your inventory. It will now be supercharged.
3:Uncraft the gravity gun, using an uncrafting table, and use a block of glowstone to re-craft it. You should now have a nether star.

This isn't my work, got the idea from here

Hopefully, this helps all those who are after a few nether stars without wanting all the hassle. Seems to work a lot more easily than a wither skeleton farm.
1. Necropost
2. Exploit. It isnt fair and not all packs can use it.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I found Player Beacons help massively with the decapitation enchant.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Relaxel

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I'm kind of new to FTB. I only started playing it a few days ago. I've set my goal to making a portal gun, but as you probably know it needs a wither star. I've got a Vorpal sword, but I'm not having the best of luck killing the occasional wither skeleton in a nether fortress. Does anyone have an effective design on a farm or something? I tried a soul cage with normal skeletons in the nether but it doesn't seem to spawn wither skeletons, only normal ones.
I've been thinking of trying to find an actual spawner and moving it to the nether with my gravity gun but I'm afraid it do the same thing
Thanks in advance.
Well. If your working in FTB Unleashed, there´s a pretty efficient way of getting wither skulls. Set up a mob farm with grinders, pipes, tesseracts and a tank that can hold mob essence. Next, capture a wither skeleton with a safari net and build a farm with an auto-spawner from the factorization mod. Set the safari net with the wither skeleton in the auto spawner and pump the spawner with mob essence and energy. Use grinders again to get the wither´s heads. Voila!

Jensufire

Jul 29, 2019
Make a cleaver and max out beheading to 100%. The skeleton spawner in the nether you will get 100% chance for head per kill! Happy hunting!!!!