AE spatial storage?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
The only solid info I have found on this is on the ae mod site and it seems.... Very lackluster there just explaining the blocks and items. Then I came across a post here that intrigued me to ask;

What exactly is the spatial storage and how do I use it? It seems to be in the DW20 1.6.4 modpack but there seems to be little info on it turned up in my searches.

Any and all help is appreciated as I hope I am not the only one confused by this addition;
~Zen

Reactions: gallowglass

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to be a way of storing chunks (well, 3D blocks in space) in an AE system and later placing them. However, I've heard it takes tons of power and I've seen no testing on how it plays with mod blocks. If you mess with it in creative, please post your findings here.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to be a way of storing chunks (well, 3D blocks in space) in an AE system and later placing them. However, I've heard it takes tons of power and I've seen no testing on how it plays with mod blocks. If you mess with it in creative, please post your findings here.

Did a little derping around with it in creative. It seems to, flat out not like some mods or perhaps I'm not using it correctly.

I had a 5x5 area setup, and used it to make a Spell crafting Alter from AM2 to vanish, EXCEPT for that crafting alter block that goes in the middle on the top. It did take everyother block, including the Magic Wall & Lecturn and the alter itself was made of Witchwood. So the entire alter was from AM2 but only 1 block wasn't being eaten by it.

Second test was a Railcraft Tank, steel 5x5 again, with some biomass in it. Yeah not a thing happened.

I did however find this video;
Which explains the basics of it, and how to modify the energy requirement behind it. It basically demands that you build and fill Energy Cells in order to support the use of the spatial storage. Though this does open some quite interesting ideas, hide a base in plain sight?

I also did notice that it seems by default the Pylons & the Spatial IO are turned off in DW20 pack, at least in the 1.0.8 version of it that I am running.
I shall keep testing tomorrow when I get home.

~Zen

Reactions: jokermatt999

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I read somewhere that mods have to register their blocks with AE before it'll attempt to store them spatially, but I'm not sure where I read that.

And other than using this feature for adventure maps (Portal adventure map, anyone?) and entity teleporting (it works on players!), I'm not sure what to do with it. It seems like it would have crazy potential, but I haven't really seen examples of it being used in awesome ways.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I read somewhere that mods have to register their blocks with AE before it'll attempt to store them spatially, but I'm not sure where I read that.

And other than using this feature for adventure maps (Portal adventure map, anyone?) and entity teleporting (it works on players!), I'm not sure what to do with it. It seems like it would have crazy potential, but I haven't really seen examples of it being used in awesome ways.
Actually your first point is true, apparently while poking around for info on iChun's Sync mod it was stated that the mod authors need to enable a pull event before spatial will work, which explains why some mods work and others do not.

As for uses, I can think of one which is actually what lead me to inquiry. Someone mentioned that you could hide your base within it, while giving the outward appearance of living in a Hovel of Shame still you would infact have an insane factory in the palm of your hand.

I could see it being used to store interchangeable multi block structures, like AM2 nexi

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Thread Necro :eek::D

I have been googling around trying to track down a complete list of mods that work with Spatial IO & the best I have come up with the is a 3 month old & limitied looking list on the Algorithm's Github. Maybe there's more on that Github but I really struggle to navigate there :/
Mods that Support Spatial IO Natively
  1. AE2 ( obviously; AE2 enables moving of vanilla tile entities. )
  2. BuildCraft 6+
  3. Rotatable Blocks
  4. Mine Factory Reloaded
  5. Tinkers Construct
  6. ExtraCells 2
And I see iChun also addded support. Does anyone know if this is the complete list or if there is more to it? Also I am assuming that the mods listed still maintain compatibility since versions are not listed (aside for bc)? I am still on 1.6.4 & using rv14 final 3.

I could test myself & may end up doing that but my first stop is always here, thanks all :)