Pumping lava in Horizons

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to pump lava in the Horizons modpack that can circumvent rotarycraft? (really don't like it) I see the ender-thermic pump but acquiring blaze powder for an ender eye is hard for me...

Well, ender pearls altogether are hard for me. Lil' buggers like to run away instead of teleporting back to fight me.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Enderthermic pumps are the best option, hands down. Great for the efficiency and great for the tickrate.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Go to a desert or oasis. There you will find cinder pearl flowers which yield blaze powder. Then just make the enderthermic pump. No nether trip required.

Also, attack endermen at their feet to keep them from teleporting. That's vanilla mechanics.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Go to a desert or oasis. There you will find cinder pearl flowers which yield blaze powder. Then just make the enderthermic pump. No nether trip required.

Also, attack endermen at their feet to keep them from teleporting. That's vanilla mechanics.
I know that, but somehow every time they teleport it's away from me instead of towards me. I can sometimes with luck kill them before they teleport but the buggers just run away every chance they get! I have one ender pearl and I'll make ender plants from magic crops, hopefully that'll help me get SOME ender pearls for the future.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I know that, but somehow every time they teleport it's away from me instead of towards me. I can sometimes with luck kill them before they teleport but the buggers just run away every chance they get! I have one ender pearl and I'll make ender plants from magic crops, hopefully that'll help me get SOME ender pearls for the future.
If it's day time when you encounter them, there's a good chance they will flee instead of staying to fight, so take that into account.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Ahoy, captain obvious! I know this already!

No, they just hate my face. Such is life.
One can never make assumptions about another's knowledge in this game, modded or not, unless it's been explicitly stated. It's better to cover all the bases to ensure that the issue is addressed from all sides than to assume that something I know is known to all.

And yeah, Endermen tend to hate us all. We either have no ender pearls or we're swimming in them.

Pyrocantaes

Jul 29, 2019
Acquiring Ender pearls in horizons is not that difficult... find one or more Thaumcraft monoliths or greatwood trees with spider spawners (break with aluminite pick..:) ).
Remove ender lily seeds from chest.. find farlander house without ender golum adjunct... acquire endstone..
plant ender lily seeds on end stone ..
wait..
acquire enderpearls and replant lilies...
repeat..

You can also acquire netherwart and soulsand/netherbrick the same way...

Once you have the above and some blaze powder then an 8 minute fire restistance potion is easy and makes the nether much more survivable..and farming blazes easy

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
One can never make assumptions about another's knowledge in this game, modded or not, unless it's been explicitly stated. It's better to cover all the bases to ensure that the issue is addressed from all sides than to assume that something I know is known to all.

And yeah, Endermen tend to hate us all. We either have no ender pearls or we're swimming in them.

Aye. Going from Ender Pearl count 17 to 1,000 is easy. It's the 1st 16-ish that require some luck and dedication.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Acquiring Ender pearls in horizons is not that difficult... find one or more Thaumcraft monoliths or greatwood trees with spider spawners (break with aluminite pick..:) ).
Remove ender lily seeds from chest.. find farlander house without ender golum adjunct... acquire endstone..
plant ender lily seeds on end stone ..
wait..
acquire enderpearls and replant lilies...
repeat..

You can also acquire netherwart and soulsand/netherbrick the same way...

Once you have the above and some blaze powder then an 8 minute fire restistance potion is easy and makes the nether much more survivable..and farming blazes easy
This a method but as a blanket strategy based on dungeon loot RNG its a very flawed general recommendation.

There's more luck to be found hunting endermen at night with a looting weapon

Sheant

Jul 29, 2019
My current favorite way to get ender pearls in Horizons is through xmas presents from Magic Crops. Yes, I know, you need a lot of crops for a decent number of presents. I currently have 880 crops in a big underground greenhouse. ;)

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
For lava I just used a Volcanic Furnace (or however it's spelled) feeded with cobblestone from a simple cobble gen with ExtraUtils transfer nodes ;)

Oh for ender pearls, I actually got all my enderpearls by crafting 2 mob heads together, which yields 8 pearls :D

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
For lava I just used a Volcanic Furnace (or however it's spelled) feeded with cobblestone from a simple cobble gen with ExtraUtils transfer nodes ;)

Oh for ender pearls, I actually got all my enderpearls by crafting 2 mob heads together, which yields 8 pearls :D
Not all heads work, only the ones from passive mobs and neutral mobs, and a cleaver with 3 levels of beheading yielded NONE of those over the course of 1 hour.