Mojang being cool again

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Mojang got into the Christmas cheer today, giving anyone who owns Scrolls a free Scrolls gift code that they can send to a person of their choice.

In my mind, it's things like this that really set Mojang apart from other companies. Mojang essentially just gave away a huge amount of potential income, and they don't seem fussed about it at all. Sure, it'll get them publicity and more players, but I don't think that was their driving factor in doing this, I think it was their desire to just be kind people. Thoughts?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Mojang got into the Christmas cheer today, giving anyone who owns Scrolls a free Scrolls gift code that they can send to a person of their choice.

In my mind, it's things like this that really set Mojang apart from other companies. Mojang essentially just gave away a huge amount of potential income, and they don't seem fussed about it at all. Sure, it'll get them publicity and more players, but I don't think that was their driving factor in doing this, I think it was their desire to just be kind people. Thoughts?

it's a nice gesture, though I'm not that active on the gaming front, I mostly just play Minecraft, so I would have no idea what gaming companies usually do.
though I do have to admit that I often hear the bad stories about gaming companies...

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
it's a nice gesture, though I'm not that active on the gaming front, I mostly just play Minecraft, so I would have no idea what gaming companies usually do.
though I do have to admit that I often hear the bad stories about gaming companies...
This is the first time I've seen something like this happen, aka a company essentially doubling it's playerbase without being paid a cent for it. It may have happened before, but this really isn't something you'd see a bigger company do, though they could probably afford to do it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
This is the first time I've seen something like this happen, aka a company essentially doubling it's playerbase without being paid a cent for it. It may have happened before, but this really isn't something you'd see a bigger company do, though they could probably afford to do it.

haha, perhaps they've earned so much money which they didn't expect to happen that they now don't know what to do with it anymore and decided to go the nice santa route :p

Reactions: Nerixel