Overloaded with Creosote Oil

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jellysnake

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
As my first post I would like to ask a question.
What can I do with my 4,541,000 mb of Creosote Oil? I had some Liquid Fueled Boilers running off it before buy swapped them for Magmatic Engines. I then proceeded to forget about it. (Even though it was on my roof)
And now I have this crazy amount of Creosote Oil.
I am sorry if this is in the wrong place and I play on the FTB Unleashed pack.

I also have a ton of charcoal.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I forget which mod does it, but you can use creosote oil as a replacement for seed oil for making bee related products (apiaries, alvearies, frames, etc).

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
I forget which mod does it, but you can use creosote oil as a replacement for seed oil for making bee related products (apiaries, alvearies, frames, etc).

Which mod is this and is it generally in FTB? I've always ended up voiding my creosote oil...

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Semifluid Generators can be fed Creosote Oil via pipes and convert it to EU. Hook a couple up to your power grid, and it will serve as an extra power supply. It won't give you much (8 EU/Tick per generator), but could be used as a "buffer" to mitigate the loss of solar power production at night.

jellysnake

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replies!
I think I will pump most of it into the semifluid generators.
How much creosote oil does it use?
Does anyone know of any good guides for starting with bees?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
railcraft, byproduct of the coke ovens. you can use it for making wooden ties, or for fuel.
Yeah the real purpose of Creosote is to make rails and fuel locomotives within Railcraft.
But yes there is a couple of recipes within Forestry that allows you to replace Seedoil with Creosote. But since you will need a lot of it and it is much easier to automate large production of seedoil(walnut trees, farmed bees etc), I wouldent really recommend it. Unless you really do have a huge need for coal coke(its much faster to make charcoal in a furnace btw).

What I like to do is to keep a medium sized tank in store for if/when I start doing Railcraft. To not have coke production halted by lack of space for creosote I put this little setup on the tank:
kGaUW9c.png

It is a very simple setup of a Waterproof voidpipe, waterproof wooden pipe and an Autarchic gate. The gate is set to pulse when tank is full. This way the tank is always almost filled up but still got a bit of space.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I use almost every bit of Creosote Oil I have for Impregnated Frames for my 30 to 50 fully-framed Alveraries, but I admit I'm a bee-head.

If you're not using it for rails and you don't use bees, I recommend burning it off. I believe TE3 Compression Dynamos can burn it off.

Also, in the latest RailCraft, I believe the price/penalty for boiler startup has been all but eliminated. You may be able to burn it all off in a boiler and not worry about using it all, the boiler shutting off, starting it up again, etc.,.

If you're looking for RF/MJ power sinks, you can sink 100's of MJ/t into ExtraBees machines and 1000's of MJ/t into MFR lasers.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
I know the bee thing is in Unleashed as I discovered that by mistake, clicked in a creosote bottle that was next to a seed capsule and it makes more impregnated then seed oil I think.

I know in the 1.6.4 pack and I think in the previous Unleashed as well, you can burn it for 3 or 4 MJ/t in a biogas engine from forestry. Which is what I use to power a few of them to power a fruit juice and ethanol production line till they ran out and I used some ethanol to power them to keep the production going.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
there's a snazzy new block called creosote wood or creosote logs or something. it looks nice, good building material.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
railcraft, byproduct of the coke ovens. you can use it for making wooden ties, or for fuel.

that, I already knew.
what I was trying to say was that I thought perhaps Plugins for Forestry added the option to use creoscote oil for forestry recipes aswell...

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Plugins for forestry is what lets you use creosote oil for forestry things. As well as burning it in a bio gas engine. You can also burn creosote oil in a boiler. I use the oil for bee stuff but that much creosote you have would make a ton of impregnated casings and sticks.