Extracting ender chest contents

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I recently built a sorting system for my quarry to pulverize and smelt ores and dump everything into my ME system. I was going to use ender chests to teleport items from my quarry to my sorting system, but I discovered that my buildcraft pipes won't pull from my chest because it counts as part of your inventory since they are player specific.

I was wondering if there was a way to fix this without using golems or replacing the chests with tesseracts.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using vanilla ender chests, it's impossible to automate extraction from it. End of story.

If you're using ender chests from the Ender Chests mod, you should have no issue automating extraction from them.

AlwaysGoofingOff

Jul 29, 2019
Do vanilla hoppers work to extract? That's what I use and it works. Admittedly, I don't know if I'm using vanilla ender chests or the ones from the Ender Chests mod. Sorry :(

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
If you are playing Horizons you are using Vanilla enderchests as there is no Ender Storage mod. And NOTHING can automate vanilla enderchests as they are an extension of player inventory

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Do vanilla hoppers work to extract? That's what I use and it works. Admittedly, I don't know if I'm using vanilla ender chests or the ones from the Ender Chests mod. Sorry :(
The issue is that vanilla ender chests store their contents in your player data, not in the tile entity contained in the "block" that is the ender chest. So nothing can access them other than the player who put it there.