a way to share waypoint markers?

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
as title said is there a way to share waypoint markers so players can list public ones for all to see and private ones for themselves

im using the direwold20 1.6.4 so atm its the opius map thing im still learning how it works

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Not that I know of, unless you had a computer setup to display waypoint information on a monitor. Give users the ability to add in points of interest via a local terminal. That way all the new players can just plug those way points of interest into their map, and not have those that they don't want cluttering it up.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
as title said is there a way to share waypoint markers so players can list public ones for all to see and private ones for themselves

im using the direwold20 1.6.4 so atm its the opius map thing im still learning how it works

not possible at the moment, but has been something I've been wanting for a while now.
but I'd have no idea how this could actually be done though, as this could also be used for another type of griefing...

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
not possible at the moment, but has been something I've been wanting for a while now.
but I'd have no idea how this could actually be done though, as this could also be used for another type of griefing...
every one have the same map mod, a player goes *set waypoint as public* way point is saved on server were all clients check and load for players

and on small servers with friends ofaround 10 this is usefull

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
every one have the same map mod, a player goes *set waypoint as public* way point is saved on server were all clients check and load for players

and on small servers with friends ofaround 10 this is usefull

yes, but there only has to be 1 person who could use this for griefing. even in a small server with only 10 people, if there's just 1 guy who is having a bad time and wants to grief, this could be used as a way for griefing. but there's also the problem that you may wish to share waypoints with someone else, but not the whole server... I guess it could be possible that the server admin/moderator could set a public waypoint that will show up on everyone's minimap, to prevent griefing from happening. and there could be the option to create a group for a certain amount of people, and anyone in that group can see the waypoints made by that group. the group will have a leader who'll administrate the waypoints, so the leader can block certain changes to waypoints if they're used as griefing.

with this you could perhaps also send waypoints to other people through a private message, with perhaps an alternate way of calling an admin/moderator to a certain location.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
yes, but there only has to be 1 person who could use this for griefing. even in a small server with only 10 people, if there's just 1 guy who is having a bad time and wants to grief, this could be used as a way for griefing. but there's also the problem that you may wish to share waypoints with someone else, but not the whole server... I guess it could be possible that the server admin/moderator could set a public waypoint that will show up on everyone's minimap, to prevent griefing from happening. and there could be the option to create a group for a certain amount of people, and anyone in that group can see the waypoints made by that group. the group will have a leader who'll administrate the waypoints, so the leader can block certain changes to waypoints if they're used as griefing.

with this you could perhaps also send waypoints to other people through a private message, with perhaps an alternate way of calling an admin/moderator to a certain location.
simple way to solve that is in the save file is it can say who is the owner said way paint and plus why would a group of friends grief poeple like that. if you want to be jerks to each other there are sooooo many ways to do it....*builds quarry over some ones house* jeeze queries are griefing tools and can be abused they need to be removed ! XD

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
simple way to solve that is in the save file is it can say who is the owner said way paint and plus why would a group of friends grief poeple like that. if you want to be jerks to each other there are sooooo many ways to do it....*builds quarry over some ones house* jeeze queries are griefing tools and can be abused they need to be removed ! XD

remember, we're on the internet, there's all kinds of people here, even more then you thought there were

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
remember, we're on the internet, there's all kinds of people here, even more then you thought there were
including when you play with a group of real friends you known for long time?!?!?!?!?! dont know who you are calling friends that greif you ????

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
including when you play with a group of real friends you known for long time?!?!?!?!?! dont know who you are calling friends that greif you ????

yes, but should the whole mod be centered around the rare chance of that one group of real friends that never fight with eachother and everyone is mature is playing with that mod?