Transporting items from ME System to a Recycler?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dr. Oshawott

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to create a "compact" UU-Matter Setup using AE but I'm stuck on getting items from my ME System to a Recycler. Here's a screenshot of my setup.

NaNGoVx.png

I've tried using an Access Terminal, then went to a ME Chest hoping that would help. The wooden transport pipe IS connected to the ME Chest and being powered by a redstone engine, but nothing is coming out of it to be transported into the Recycler. I'd appreciate the help.

P.S
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong topic, I couldn't find a forum topic that would be perfect for this this kind of thread. If I am in the wrong topic, please send me the link to the right forum topic. :)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you use an Export Bus from AE and link it to e system, then filtering it only to tranport cobble to create a compact system with no worry of overflowing the recycler? Also nice profile pic, unova was my first region

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Very simple answer. You can't pipe out of an ME Chest. Use an interface set to hold Cobble (click on a slot on the left with a stack of cobble, and a stack will be held on the right. If add more or take some from the right side, it will be removed from or restocked to the interface), or just an ME Export bus.

Dr. Oshawott

Jul 29, 2019
Very simple answer. You can't pipe out of an ME Chest. Use an interface set to hold Cobble (click on a slot on the left with a stack of cobble, and a stack will be held on the right. If add more or take some from the right side, it will be removed from or restocked to the interface), or just an ME Export bus.
Got it working, thanks. I'm new to AE, all I know is just a simple Access Terminal/Crafting Terminal set-up along with MAC.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
I'd also set up a lever emitter next to the pipe and set it to only pull out cobblestone if it's below 5,000 or something, but that's just me. That way you always have some.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'd also set up a lever emitter next to the pipe and set it to only pull out cobblestone if it's below 5,000 or something, but that's just me. That way you always have some.
Well ofc, that's the whole point of the priority setup as well. Fill up a disc at the size of your choosing, and then recycle the rest. That will always keep the disc topped up. And you wont need 100 level emitters for every single item you want to recycle. Just 2(maybe 3 later) storage bus'.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Well ofc, that's the whole point of the priority setup as well. Fill up a disc at the size of your choosing, and then recycle the rest. That will always keep the disc topped up. And you wont need 100 level emitters for every single item you want to recycle. Just 2(maybe 3 later) storage bus'.

Yup, that was mainly directed to the OP since he only wants to do cobble at the moment.

I'll definitely be using a similar system as yours on my new world. My old world had like 20 level emitters and it looked stupid. ;)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I never could figure out how the priority system works. I just throw all that kind of thing into Deep Storage Units and forget about it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I never could figure out how the priority system works. I just throw all that kind of thing into Deep Storage Units and forget about it.
Its quite simple actually. Items added to the ME network will always go to the storage with the highest priority number possible(unless there is identical items already stored in a lower priority storage. If so you might have to remove it all and add it again).

It used to be a bit annoying to change the priority once(1.4.7) since you had to shift+click the device with a wrench. But now its super simple with the "new" AE(1.5.2+), where its part of the UI.

Also priority is not set for each storage disc, but for its housing: ME drive or ME chest. So if you set a drive to priority 10, all the drives in it will have priority 10. The third item that uses priority is the storage bus'. Basically works the same as for the ME chest, now you just set priority for a non-ME inventory.

So lets imagine you have the following network:
1: A storage disc with priority 1 that is unformatted.
2: A Storage bus on a chest with priority 2 programmed with a variety of items including cobble(contents of this chest could then be destroyed by whatever mean you prefer).
3: A storage disc with priority 3 but preformatted for cobble.

-Now you put a piece of cobble into the system it will go to 3 since it has the highest priority and has room/allowance to add cobble.
-Now if 3 is full and you continue to add cobble it will go to 2 instead, and as long as your disposal can keep up it keeps going there as long as 3 don't have room.
-Lets say you now find a new item, sandstone, and put it into the system. 3 only allows cobble, 2 only accept those items you already programmed it to know so it doesn't accept the sandstone either. All that's left is 1 and that's where the sandstone ends. Now you might suspect that you end up finding a lot of sandstone later, so you can now choose to make a preformatted disc with Sandstone and add it to the drive with the cobble disc. And you add sandstone to the storage bus aswell so once the disc is full, it is also disposed of.
- Now lets imagine that you loot a lot of chests/mob loot bags and you get a lot of Wooden Pickaxes. And you hate those and know that you will never use them for anything. So you added it to 2(the storage bus). Next time you add a Wooden Pickaxe to the network its automatically disposed of and it will never again clutter the storages.

Last edited: